Smoothed Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkshane81

Sr Member
Alright everybody, I had a little bit of free time. I am on a little bit of helmet building spree this summer, I'll put up another topic on that, so I thought it worthwhile to play around with some of the MKVI perms that are out there. Nothing against the original modelers, I just got bored and started playing around with smoothing out some of the sharp edges. A couple of the files ended up with some random edges in them that I couldn't figure out for the life of me, but overall, I feel like they ended up pretty well. I haven't unfolded any of them yet becausee I actually wanted to see what all of you could come up with. Any of you that get them unfolded, just post them back in this thread for all to enjoy!! Anyway, without further ado:

EOD Helm by Supertaco

EVA Helm by Slyfo

Rogue Helm by NZ-TK

Scout Helm by NZ-TK

Security Helmet by Belakor (unfolded)

Everyone please provide feedback, positive or negative. I have thick skin!!
default:D

Thanks again to everyone who made the files originally!!

p.s. - Please let me know who did the Rogue and Scout so that I can edit the links accordingly. I want all proper credit to be given!!

Our own Tim (NZ-TK, NZJedi) modeled the Rogue and the Scout.

Also I'm pretty sure there is already a smooth Rogue and Scout unfold out there...

Thanks Sigma. I know that there is a smooth recon, but maybe I just didn't look in the right places for the other two.

So you ripped the models from the .PDO's and messed with the 3D models?? You say you haven't unfolded the models you've "played around with" so I'm assuming that's what you've done?

All I did was just "unfold undo" as pep calls it, and played around with the divide edges feature. I wanted to put them up for everyone to see, I just hadn't gotten around to unfolding them yet, though they are on my list to do. I was just curious to see how everyone else would unfold, since each person has their own style.

I'll have to wait after work to comment (since I don't have pep at work) but I look forward to smoother models.

if you have time... you could always do 2 pep screenshot so we could see the "before" and "after" models.

The easiest way to smooth a helmet though is by increasing the max fold angle in the line configuration settings.

Usually a bump from 130 to 160 does the trick. That's why PD2 is my baby.

If someone can PLEASE unfold the security helmet, you'd be absolutely wonderful. I'm trying to pep the one from the wiki and its killing me. Just the circle at the forehead. I just like this version a lot.
:D Thanks!

Thanks soulless. :D

@Optimus: I am working on trying to get them unfolded this week. I'll concentrate on the security helm first.

@Yttrium: The original 3d model wasn't being edited, just the .pdo. Like I told skip, I was just using the divide edges feature to try and round some of the sides out a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back