My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i was just wondering how to connect the stomach plate to the main chest plate while its still just card stock. there aren't any tabs that connect them together and i was wondering what others did to get around this. thanks!

personally i wouldnt want them connected,so when u have it finished ur suit will has a better range of movment

Ok here's How I did it .....

I fibreglassed the chest piece and then trimmed off any over hanging fibreglass.

I then attached the ab section wich was just card stock at this point no resin or glass.

To attach the absection I firstly lined it up and drew markers on it using a permanent marker.

The reason I hadn't glassed the absection is so that I could bend the ab section to match the curveature of the chest piece.

I then applied small spots of superglue where the absection made contact with the chest piece.

Once the absection was secured I then flipped it over and attached small strips of sticky tape (plastic) for extra security.

I then carefully applied resin to the back of the absection and about 3 inches onto the bottom of the chest piece.

Let this dry till it feels tacky. Then I laid some strips of fibreglass onto the bottom of the chest piece and over the back of the absection. Due to the resin still being tacky it helps hold the fibreglass in place.

Then apply more resin over the top of the fibreglass and let it cure.Once this is done you can then safetly add fibreglass to any parts of the absection you missed and resin the front of the absection without fear of it falling off.

I added extra resin where the absection and chest piece meet just to be sure.

The other method is to attach the absection to the chest with strips of Velcro or something to allow it to be more flexible ...but I prefered to keep it as a one piece and solid.

Hope this helps.

I'll be making another chest soon and I'll probably take pics when I get to this stage and post it

YOU DESERVE A COOKIE MONSTA!!!!! here yah go
cookie-monster-diet.jpg

Well done man, it looks great! ill be watching this thread, dont worry if you have a lapse in updates, sometimes you just gotta do some other stuff.

and as for the ab plate I plan on using a similar method as carnage but use some Chicago screws and nylon strapping so its secure but has some give.

Ill use his method to line it up but I will fiberglass 3 chicago screws on the ab plate and the chest armor then take appropreate lengths of nylon straps and mark up where to make the holes(ill probably put some grommets in the nylon to keep it from tearing). this way I can take off the ab plate and finish with more fiberglassing for stability, bondo, and then paint it without it permanently being stuck to the chest plate.

wow thanks guys.... you gave me loads of ideas and advice! i will have pictures up soon once i find my camera usb cord. :)

hey here's a couple pictures of my chest and back. i need to get more resin hardener so i can fiberglass the sides, just the front and back are done. but in the mean time i wanted to get started on my cod piece, shins, or thighs. i am have trouble finding the HD peps for them. if anyone can could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Awesome! thanks so much kokujo17, you are the man! i hope you did'nt go through too much trouble finding this for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back