My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good Condor. I have a sneaking feeling I could learn something from your methods. Can you give a brief summary of how you are sanding down the bondo? Power sander or by hand, what grits are you using, that sort of thing?

Very very nice! What did you do for the lines on the side and top of the helmet?

I threw some bondo on top and just carved out the lines.

Looking good Condor. I have a sneaking feeling I could learn something from your methods. Can you give a brief summary of how you are sanding down the bondo? Power sander or by hand, what grits are you using, that sort of thing?

I sand completely by hand (I think it gives you more control, but it is a little slower) I just use 150 and 200 grit sandpaper. i use the same grit for the final sand, but i press very light to make it smoother.

Question: What color paint did you use? Oregano?

yes i used oregano. I think its the closest to mc green.

thanks for the compliments. wish i could work on it some more other than weekends =[ Darn homework!!!

And..... here are some more pictures! they wouldn't fit on my post above

Im almost finished with the helmet, just need to paint on the details like my other pieces.

The chest is now getting some bondo work on it

That's pretty. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this develops. You're a few months ahead of me, so it's really exciting to see where this is going. You have a really solid attention to detail, which is refreshing. Too many people just half-ass the bondo work or skip it altogether. Keep it up, man. This is going to be epic.

awesome ...thanks guys. Im done with my cross country season which means more time to work on my armor....yay! so expect to see more updates!

I'm almost finished with my right shoulder. As you can see I need to bondo a few holes. I should be done by tomorrow. I also started gluing a pepped shin together. =]

I'm really excited on how my armor is coming along. I just wish I could try on my chest without ruining it... I tried it on while it was still paper and it looked great, but I wish I could see it on now. I'm going to work my butt off over the weekend and hopefully Ill be able to cut it in half and try it on. wish me luck!

I was just wondering if there are other ways to cut the chest in half other than using a dremel. I don't own a dremel so if that's the only way to cut it I'll have to buy one. Hope they're not too expensive!

You can get a decent one for around 50 bucks, and then buy a few different accessories for it. Trust me, it saves SO much time and pain when you can just whip out a dremel and cut through plastic like butter.

Very nice progress, I'm really liking how smooth the helmet is. :D

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
You can get a decent one for around 50 bucks, and then buy a few different accessories for it. Trust me, it saves SO much time and pain when you can just whip out a dremel and cut through plastic like butter.

Very nice progress, I'm really liking how smooth the helmet is. :D

thanks for the help! I don't have the money right now, but I may be able to use my friends dremel. Could you tell me what type of attachment/cutting head you need to cut through fiberglass?

here are some pictures of my chest, still got a lot of work to do:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back