My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloGoddess said:
Coming along pretty good there. I like the added detail you are doing for the torso. I'm working on 2 projects at the moment, although I have not updated my hayabusa thread in a while! XD

I also seem to be having an issue with my MK VI helmet. I'm not making it for me, but for my boyfriend. I think I am having sizing issues. I have already made 2. The one seems to be a little small and he can't even get it over his head. The ONLY way to get it on was if I removed the one bottom back piece of the helmet. The second one seems just TOO big, so can you tell me if you were able to get your helmet on with no problems?

I also had a few problems. This is how I fixed them:

I took my height in centimeters and divided that number by 7.3 and then rounded up to get the helmet height for peping. It should come out proportionate to mc only with your height. I had to shorten the back of the helmet (first pic) and I had to cut away the sides a bit so my ears would fit (second pic). You may have to take a bit more or less off than I did. My helmet slips on and off very easily now that I modded it.

hope this helps! =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Condor said:
I also had a few problems. This is how I fixed them:

I took my height in centimeters and divided that number by 7.3 and then rounded up. It should come out proportionate to mc only with your height. I had to shorten the back of the helmet (first pic) and I had to cut away the sides a bit so my ears would fit (second pic). You may have to take a bit more or less off than I did. My helmet slips on and off very easly now that I modded it.

hope this helps! =]

That helps a lot, actually. I just finished resining my helmet (last piece, woohoo), and that fitment issue was my main concern. You solution is pretty much what I thought would be necessary. Thanks for those pictures.

wow your armor is reaally comming along great. and this is nooby question that i wanted to ask. did you use bondo boddy filler or bondo body repair kit?

xXSTICKXx said:
wow your armor is reaally comming along great. and this is nooby question that i wanted to ask. did you use bondo boddy filler or bondo body repair kit?

i use bondo body filler, here is a pic

that looks incredible. what did you use to carve out your helmet details? a dremel, some type of knife? i am also working on a mark 6 suit, and am trying to get good carved lines. i have a dremel 100, single speed, and al i have seemed to do is cut straight through my armor.

Adam Anderson said:
that looks incredible. what did you use to carve out your helmet details? a dremel, some type of knife? i am also working on a mark 6 suit, and am trying to get good carved lines. i have a dremel 100, single speed, and al i have seemed to do is cut straight through my armor.

well actually I don't have a dremel, I just put some bondo on to raise the surface and then just carved the lines out very carefully with scissors. I didn't have any other tools to work with so I just used what was available to me. I don't recommend this method though unless you have a steady hand because its pretty hard to make strait lines. sorry I couldn't help out more.

As for my suit, sorry I haven't updated much in a while, I work outside and the cold is slowing me down. But don't worry, Im still working on it and I haven't forgot about it!

wow this is looking amazing. can't wait to see the finished product. one question though, how did you attach the two chest pieces after you cut the chest in half?

moultonator said:
wow this is looking amazing. can't wait to see the finished product. one question though, how did you attach the two chest pieces after you cut the chest in half?

Its not really connected yet. Its just taped together right now. Im going to use nylon strapping and buckles to connect the two halves together in the future. I will make sure to explain it better once I reach that point.

Condor said:
Its not really connected yet. Its just taped together right now. Im going to use nylon strapping and buckles to connect the two halves together in the future. I will make sure to explain it better once I reach that point.

oh cool. when i make my HD chest i was thinking about using magnets. i saw another guy in one of the forums did that and it looked like a good idea. everyone else has told me about buckles and straps though. Was assembling the HD cjest a real pain?. i'm impressed with how smooth the armor looks, you should be proud.

moultonator said:
oh cool. when i make my HD chest i was thinking about using magnets. i saw another guy in one of the forums did that and it looked like a good idea. everyone else has told me about buckles and straps though. Was assembling the HD cjest a real pain?. i'm impressed with how smooth the armor looks, you should be proud.

thanks! and yes, the HD chest is a pain to build. not just building it but cutting out the pieces is annoying. If you do start the hd chest, take your time cutting and gluing or else it will all go to waist. It took me a good two weeks to finish it.

Condor said:
thanks! and yes, the HD chest is a pain to build. not just building it but cutting out the pieces is annoying. If you do start the hd chest, take your time cutting and gluing or else it will all go to waist. It took me a good two weeks to finish it.

i figured it would take me a while. it took me a little under a week to do the low def chest. any suggestions on what parts of it to build first to make things easier?

moultonator said:
i figured it would take me a while. it took me a little under a week to do the low def chest. any suggestions on what parts of it to build first to make things easier?

well I actually started with the hardest parts just to knock them out of the way. I started on the detailed parts on the back. You should divide it into 3 sections for peping, I split it into the back, front, and the underarm things that connect the back and front together. It doesn't really matter where you start as long as you finish each section before attaching it all together.

Condor said:
well I actually started with the hardest parts just to knock them out of the way. I started on the detailed parts on the back. You should divide it into 3 sections for peping, I split it into the back, front, and the underarm things that connect the back and front together. It doesn't really matter where you start as long as you finish each section before attaching it all together.

that sounds like a good plan. last time i found myself trying to reach at wierd angles and glue in hard places. thanks man, i'll give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back