My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks everyone!!!!!! :D

sunstrider said:
Hey I just had some questions on the pepping of the MVI helmet.

I'm working on the same version as you (on and off because of school) and I was wondering how you managed to get such clean joins on the different pieces, particularly around the side lights.

I use an exacto-knife to score the lines/folds and then bend them to make them really sharp. =]

Nicktendo said:
Outstanding job on the back piece. I just compared your shots to the in-game reference, and it looks great. How are you achieving those raised details? Illustration board? Styrene?

Great paint job too. You using Adam's method? That certainly looks like Olive Green to me. ;)

Can't wait to see the progression of the other pieces.

thanks Nicktendo =]

the raised edges are just bondo layers that I made with the help of foamies :D

and yes I am using Adams method with a combination of my own for the paint job.

thanks again everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry for the lack of updates. I have been very busy with school and sports. I have managed to work on this a little during weekends but there's not much progress going on.

I re-fiberglassed my cod piece because it was cracking and now its ready to get detailed. my chest piece got a little work on it too.

I also started my weapon :D its definitely a hard build :p

there's also a pic of me with some of my armor on so you can get a feel of what its going to look like :D

Condor said:
yes finally!!!!! the back is complete!! ready for painting :D well there are a few tiny things to fix ^.^

that back piece looks great! def your strongest point

yes!!!!!!!! my chest is painted! :D Im so happy, I think it turned out really nice. :p

what do you think? too much weathering?

This is absolutely phenomenal, especially for your first build. I am making preparations to start my first suit of armor too. I am thinking about using your suit as reference pictures. Haha. The time you have taken with this definately shows.

As far as weathering your chest piece goes, I think you did the perfect amount. Definately no less, but I would personally not do any more either. Everytime I feel as though I am unsure whether or not to add more to any piece of art I do, I find that I regret adding more and feel satisfied when I don't.

The tubing along the jaw, extra on the bottom of the visor, and other details in your helmet, were those apart of the pep file that you had? If not, how did you go about adding those extra details? They look fantastic.

m^x said:
This is absolutely phenomenal, especially for your first build. I am making preparations to start my first suit of armor too. I am thinking about using your suit as reference pictures. Haha. The time you have taken with this definately shows.

As far as weathering your chest piece goes, I think you did the perfect amount. Definately no less, but I would personally not do any more either. Everytime I feel as though I am unsure whether or not to add more to any piece of art I do, I find that I regret adding more and feel satisfied when I don't.

The tubing along the jaw, extra on the bottom of the visor, and other details in your helmet, were those apart of the pep file that you had? If not, how did you go about adding those extra details? They look fantastic.

thanks for the advise on the weathering :) the details on the helm were made with foamies, and the tubing on the side was just some type of pipe I found at lowes

foamies are just sheets of foam that are about an eighth of an inch thick. you just cut shapes out and glue them on. they can be found at any local craft store, heres a pic:

since there are zero pictures on my thread, here are some pics to make it less boring now that we moved to a new host
they contain things that I am currently working on
condor4
IMG_5651.jpg

here is my undersuit wip, it looks bad in the pic, but believe me it looks badass when im wearing it with my armor
IMG_5652.jpg

here is my weapon of choice, still needs some work ....lol
IMG_5654.jpg

and my cods current progress
IMG_5653.jpg

Update!!
my cod/butt plate is almost finished! I just need to work out some edges and fill in a few spots. Is it just me or does the front section seem like it needs some more detail? im not sure what else to add on it so if anyone has suggestions or reference pics they would be greatly appreciated!
also I started to work on my splazer...just starting to strengthen it and Im getting perrrrdy excited on how its looking. =]

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5669.jpg

well. if you've built the high def chest file, I would say its twice as hard because there arnt any open areas to stick your hands through and all the pieces eventually get glued together.... it took me a good 2 weeks, but im a slow peper =]

holy crap why havent i seen this before? your armor looks amazing!
would you mind post a picture of you wearing the armor w/ the undersuit?

this makes me wish i had a sewing machine =(

yea sure, Ill have to wait tomorrow because thers not enough lighting....and I dont have a sewing machine... I use fabric glue its very strong and machine washable!

I meant the Splazer xD
Not the chest piece lol

PS: I'm making an EOD helm, and it looks like it's going to be seriously tiny. Should I finish it? D:

well I got a few pics but there not as good as I would have liked... its hard when you dont have anyone to help...my armor isnt all strapped together so it sags and falls off a lot. It will look better once its all strapped.

and Cirkob5477... I was talking about my splazer, I was just comparing it to building the hd chest, thats when I realized you just asked how long it took and not how hard it was to make =] sorry for my misunderstanding.

IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back