Another Odst Joining The Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zendric

So, starting my first project, Weta Landfall ODST, thanks to Skullcandy Girl, NZ-TK, Ruze789, 1ManBattallion, Belakor and Ral Partha for the pep files. I have both forearms done, starting on the biceps. I have a few pictures, sadly, I forgot to take pictures of the right forearm.

I actually have two things to do, the small bits the somehow attach to the forearm,

FILE0584.jpg

FILE0589.jpg

And one other picture,showing most of the elbow part,'

FILE0587.jpg

Again, how do you put those two pieces on, there's no clear way to.

good work thus far mate! if I can get my computer to stop blocking the image sites, I too hopefully will be able to start up my armor thread...

Update:

Upper half of my first bicep done:

FILE0597.jpg

FILE0599.jpg

Back:

FILE0600.jpg

Again, how do I attach the two extra pieces on the forearm.

FILE0589.jpg

You resin those two small pieces lightly with a very small batch of resin or leftovers from resining a larger piece, and when that layer of resin cures you flip them on their back and pour a second batch of resin into them. If you want to, you can cut out several layers of fiberglass and layer them between each little pour of resin. When the resin semi-hard (Rubbery, not jelly), you cut off the flashing and other drops of resin that might have been spilled over the edge with a knife.

Now you fiberglass the Forearms. Once all components are all fully cured, you can either attach the two pieces on to the forearm with resin and fiberglass or Bondo Body filler. This will act as a layer of glue, bonding the two pieces together. When it starts to cure, remove the excess with a knife.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
You resin those two small pieces lightly with a very small batch of resin or leftovers from resining a larger piece, and when that layer of resin cures you flip them on their back and pour a second batch of resin into them. If you want to, you can cut out several layers of fiberglass and layer them between each little pour of resin. When the resin semi-hard (Rubbery, not jelly), you cut off the flashing and other drops of resin that might have been spilled over the edge with a knife.

Now you fiberglass the Forearms. Once all components are all fully cured, you can either attach the two pieces on to the forearm with resin and fiberglass or Bondo Body filler. This will act as a layer of glue, bonding the two pieces together. When it starts to cure, remove the excess with a knife.

Thank you, that helped a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
More pics:

I Finished pepping the helmet and chestplate

FILE0614.jpg

FILE0613.jpg

Sorry for the crappy lighting.

Im currently working on the middle chest plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back