Building Schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventchildmatrix

ok heres the thing my grandfather recently had his 80th birthday and so i decided that i want to build a scale model of his old house for him

he had to sell it due to his wife wanting to move swo i thought that i would make it to remind him of it. but heres the thing i need to get a copy of the designs and was wondering if any one knew where i could get a copy of them from.

the house is in australia.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thx in advance

ASM

Ohh, now thats a tough one...

Thats pretty much impossible. Unless your in Australia and you are aloud to go into the house (Not likely, the new owner will most likely slam the door on your face) your screwed. Even if you went to the building with all of the towns/cities/countries building schematics, they would say no to you. If you don't own the house, you can't request any schematics on the building (Its a security measure).

Now, what you could do is ask your gradfather for all the pictures he has of the outside/inside of the house. Then you ask him where every room in the house was, and map it out yourself. From there, you could make a accurate model of the house.

Thats the only real way.

Good luck, and hope your grandfather likes the model.

CHEERS!

My dad was on a site once that you could pull of basic layouts on. He was checking to make sure our house matched (it didn't because we knocked a wall out). I don't know what the site was, and he lost it. I'm pretty sure it was USA only. Might of been Florida only, too :unsure

Which town/city in Australia?

I must point out that I'd have to agree with Xtreme's idea. If you had some pictures you could fairly easily do up a 3D model in sketch up for you to use as your plan without too much of a problem.

adventSpartanMatrix said:
the house is in merricks on frankston flinders road

Nope, that's nowhere near me sorry. Have you considered using google maps? If you had the address you could get an aerial view of the house and then use street view to get a look at the front and possibly even a bit of the sides of the house provided there's not a high fence around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about restoring an old photo of the house? If you do have any pictures of the place, that would make for a good replacement gift if you can't find the blueprints.

Do a search for 'City' or 'Town Halls' near that location on Google Maps. If Austrailia does anything like here in the States, perhaps they have copies of blueprints in the archives at their local town hall of some of the local buildings. Of course, if your pap built it or the house existed before those kind of records were kept, you might be outta luck as far as blueprints go. Still worth a shot though.

I ran into a similar roadblock when asking about the plans for my parents' house. It's well over 100 years old and they didn't exactly build things to any plans back then apparently.

Good luck in your search.

23Magnum said:
How about restoring an old photo of the house? If you do have any pictures of the place, that would make for a good replacement gift if you can't find the blueprints.

Do a search for 'City' or 'Town Halls' near that location on Google Maps. If Austrailia does anything like here in the States, perhaps they have copies of blueprints in the archives at their local town hall of some of the local buildings. Of course, if your pap built it or the house existed before those kind of records were kept, you might be outta luck as far as blueprints go. Still worth a shot though.

I ran into a similar roadblock when asking about the plans for my parents' house. It's well over 100 years old and they didn't exactly build things to any plans back then apparently.

Good luck in your search.

the problem with using google maps is lots of high trees

my grandfather actually built the house himself so i might ask granny if she knows where he keeps the designs

thx for the help people

ASM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back