Nerf Recon Smg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruusaar Cin

Over the past week, I've been working on turning a Nerf Recon into the Halo SMG. I've been photo-documenting my progress and I figure it's worth sharing. Let me know what you guys think.

The Nerf Recon:

DSCF2618.jpg

Disassembly:

DSCF2596.jpg

The reassembled gun, after the initial round of trimming:

DSCF2597.jpg

The stock with the sinta core added and the new front handle, also sintra:

DSCF2600.jpg
DSCF2606.jpg

After the second round of trimming, with all the new parts attached:

DSCF2611.jpg

After painting:

DSCF2613.jpg

The ammo clip:

DSCF2616.jpg

The finished SMG:

DSCF2620.jpg

Before and after:

DSCF2622.jpg

oh........ my......... GOD !!!!!! that is freaking awesome man !! bloody freaking awesome !! i'm planning on converting the recon into the AR, but i'm simply taking the idea from someone i saw here, and tweaking it a little bit further so it looks more like the AR is supposed to. hmmmm i wonder... if you were to stick some decently powerful magnets in the body of the recon, and into the thighs of the Mk VI... think you could get a strong enough hold to be able to walk around with them holstered that way ? cause if so, if you don't mind, i am soooo copying your idea (i was going to carve them out of either carving foam or floral foam)

again, nice job with the conversion.

O.T.

P.S. what is this sintra stuff you were using ?

I'm sure you probably could get them to holster magnetically. I'm actually planning on trying that at some point. And I sure don't mind if you copy it! Let me know if you need any help.

Oh, and sintra is a type of plastic. It's used, among other things, as a sign making material. It's a popular material for making armour because it can easily be shaped by heating it with a heat gun.

Wow, that is amazing work you did. I love how the details molded in the gun stick out with the black paint. Makes it look super HiDef and manufactured, rather than scrap built. Grade A work, keep it up!!

That is the BEST mod I've ever seen.By the way, are the sights made of sintra foam as well? And would styrofoam work as well with this? If yes,then I am SO trying that mod out!!! And one final question, how did you make the ammo clip and the writing on the gun("M7/Caseless")?

I'll try to put together a video (or some kind of tutorial) when I make a second for dual wielding. Not sure when that will be, but I expect it will be soon since I'm having a lot of fun working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back