A New Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventchildmatrix

ok after the failing of the last experiment i think we should start again

since this is a new experiment i will accept comments on how to do this

the last time this was ruined by a single person and for that reason i am going to ask that everyone involved gives Regular updates on how the prop is going.

For this reason i will only take on members that have current WIP's that are quite away through or finished props. Sorry to the newer members who would like the oppertunity to take part. Depending on how this attempt goes i might run another one of these for other members.

the members are as follows:

Spaz47

Box o crayons

the stig (pending)

angry_cabbage (pending)

(pending)

adventspartan

this project needs a molder and all members will recive a copy of the finished spartan lazer and the person who molds it will keep the final peice and sending the cast peices to the members who have contributed.

if the members are willing to partake the jobs will be as follows

Box o crayons will print, score, cut, glue and resin the peice and cut the project into chunks

The stig (to be decided) possibly create the paint kits

bondo person will bondo

spaz47 (to be decided) possibly reinforcing

i will be incharge of extras (lights extra detail etc)

angry_cabbage will be donating the plastic so that the members get thier splazers

and the molder will mold the peice

if anyone has anything to say about this project feel free but don't just post negative stuff please

thankyou

ASM

I won't really touch on the previous experiment, other than to say that the result was unfortunate. I hope nothing but the best for this experiment. Maybe it can pave the way for an entirely different type of team build. If I had the means to do it, I would gladly take on the molding portion. Unfortunately, it doesn't exactly fit into life events right now:( . Anyway, good luck, and I hope to see a succesful build.

im thinking either try the spartan lazer again

or we could try a sniper rifle as both of these there really arn't many of these but there are plenty of ARs being made / molded and same with the energy sword

Good luck with the project guys! I would have joined in but I'm just so busy nowdays (and I don't have the money to mold anything) :p

What happened last time? And if you need help with anything (I know stuff is filled already) feel free to contact me, many hands make light work.

ok because box o crayons has already printed the peices of we are going to re-attempt the spartan laser

@ lordperth

i posted a topic yesterday about what happened it's on the second page of the noob forum

have you ever done any molding before?

ok heres some little progress

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVSUvivOLU[/media]

i think its done processing if not just wait a minute

Nice to see this Experiment as you all call it going again. I did hear what happened to the last project and that is unfortunate but as we are living in the real world may i say, S**t does happen. I will be watching this thread to see how everything turns out. Oh and good luck on the shipping for the first time. If you ask me that will be the most nerve racking part.

yea but on my part its going to be fairly light so it wont be that bad, and hey its not going to be over 50 bucks( i hope) so i can spare some money

I saw it now...this kind of crap makes me most disappointed. I have not molded anything, but my bondoing is good, like I said, you have enough people, I just wanted you to know I can help and to toss my name out there.

To BOX o Crayons

The red circled area. The small piece that connects is small and I don't think will be able to support anything if its peped on it. I suggest just dont connect at least the thinner parts or just leave it off entirely. Probably off totally would work best so we could mold them easier. Tell me what anybody thinks

[attachment=10477:SPARTAN LASER.jpg]

I agree in leaving them seperate. You could pep so that you have the shape, but you would probably be better off to mold those seperately, then just attach everything together after the molding process with epoxy. Use a pin/hole method, similar to what lee did with some of the areas on his battle rifle.

Hey is there any more info on who's doing what with the project. Just curious cause Crayons is getting somewhat close to finishing and after he sends it to me My part will only take a day. JUst let me know whats up thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back