Jackal Costume Complete

Which covenant should I build next?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JACKAL SHIELD, BABY! Ohhhh yeaaaah.

My dad just stopped by to bring me the shield. He has the tools so I had him cut out the slots in the plastic and add the mounting for the handle.

The handle, or rather, arm brace, is attached to the shield and has a mostly hidden lower part that rides along my forearm, ending in a joystick for easy handling.

The shield itself is currently covered in protective plastic which is why it looks translucent. I'm going to experiment with it to see if I like the translucency or not.

PICTURES: My dad is in the first one. (I love my dad) I'm in the second one.

[attachment=14971:jackal shield 2.jpg]

[attachment=14972:jackal shield 3.jpg]

That shield is looking EPIC! Too bad us Spartans cant figure out how to use them! (unless we're living in the books rather than the game) lol

That is like the perfect shield! That's really cool that your dad is helping you on this. I kind of wish I had a dad to help me on my stuff. :( But that is going to make an awesome shield! Seems that it will really work better than your plan from before. :p

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! <-- sorry for yelling I was excited! :lol

I'm glad to see you still working on this. The journey has been really epic so far and I can't wait to see the final product!

This is totaly awsome!! The sheild is AMAZING! Keep it up!

Jacob

(By the way, love the shirt in the video. Queen, My favorite band.)

So you did airbrush everything. I was thinking that. I actually plan on airbrushing my armor too! I like it for the simple fact it's something I can do in my house! haha I just need to buy paint. I have a couple guns......somewhere! XD

Your project is looking very cool. I am totally looking forward to seeing this finished. The shield is probably going to look awesome when it's finished. I haven't seen too many shields, but I bet yours is going to look pretty damn cool once it's finished. It also helps that you practically got like the perfect material to make it out of. :p

Haha, well I guess I never knew whether I was technically allowed to go anywhere outside the noob forum. And now I know. :) So, thank you, Spase.

@JBetts97: Thanks. Queen is indeed awesome.

@HaloGoddess: I did airbrush, but it was only for the rust. Color and scratches and mud and whatnot is all paint. But the airbrushing really worked well, I say definitely try it. I don't know how real airbrushing works, since I've been emptying my wallet with the copic airbrush feature. (I really need to learn how to use real airbrushing stuff.)

My dad helped me find the right material. We had so many ideas to make it but none of them worked. So he scoured the internet for a company that makes giant mirrors (for like stores and parking lots) and we custom ordered the piece of plastic that sits behind the mirror. The guy at the company had to create a part number for it since they didn't sell them like that. Haha. My dad is very persuasive.

Oh My GOSH! I was trying to get something to work for a sheild in one of my projects(that epically failed). Maybe I should have had my dad help me with my project... lol... anyways, good work. Might I ask what mirror company gave you this said peice of material for a sheild?

monkeyfist said:
Oh My GOSH! I was trying to get something to work for a sheild in one of my projects(that epically failed). Maybe I should have had my dad help me with my project... lol... anyways, good work. Might I ask what mirror company gave you this said peice of material for a sheild?

I don't know off hand but I'll ask my dad, he would know. I'll get back to you on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back