Modeling The Mark Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I started in on modeling the Mark IV armor. I really wanted it myself so here is my attempt. And comments and criticism would help. Especially any advice on changes that need to be made. Thanks for any help.

The Hand Plate.

Handplate.pdo By mks81

HandPlate1.jpg

The Chest

Updated model by BenStreeper who deserves all the credit for a usable Model, Unfolded by the great Major Pain

observations7.jpg

The Forearm

Unfold by MajorPain Cleaned Lines by BenStreeper *Edited due to feedback from Major Pain!*

Forearm-2.jpg

The Boot

The Mark IV boot, one was posted in this thread already but I think this one is more accurate.

boot2.jpg

Thigh Unfolded by Major Pain

82261278247707.gif

And here is the absolutely beautiful shin by Rundown and unfolded by MajorPain!! Again, this is not my file this belongs to Rundown.

CrackheadShin.jpg

Really nice models, but why are you putting so much effort to it? The models are already done in LD and HD. I think it's just waist of time.

It's really nice work though! You might want to make the holes on the handplate bigger! And the shins do look a bit to small! Else it's really good!

Just curious, how long have you been working with 3d?

MasterBest1 said:
Really nice models, but why are you putting so much effort to it? The models are already done in LD and HD. I think it's just waist of time.

It's really nice work though! You might want to make the holes on the handplate bigger! And the shins do look a bit to small! Else it's really good!

Just curious, how long have you been working with 3d?

?? no isnt made before, this is the halo wars armor hese making, i already have a helmet and started to on a shin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, rundown is right. Mark IV not VI. @rundown should I work on the forearm instead and let you finish the shin? I have some reference pics for the armor, but I was excited about the shin. No need for us both to work on it though, let me know what you think.

*Edit* I took a 3d modeling and rendering class back in '06 and an animation class where I was still taught a lot of textures the next semester. I have kept it up a little but this is first serious modeling I have done since the classes, it's fun.

box o crayons said:
you should work on the chest thats the one im waiting for and as for the handplates rundown made them already.

not really, the MKVI halo 2 handplates are slightly diffrent if you look at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The chest it is! I am pretty excited, I will post progress pics as I work on it.

Also, does anyone have reference pics of the back of the chest plate? Or can get me some? I would appreciate it greatly.

Hand plate 3ds file!! Hand Plate Will someone unwrap it for me?

Yo. Robby I am very interested in this mark iv armor. If you type mark iv halo in google image search their is a couple good pics of the back piece. Keep going I look forward to making some of this armor.

Haven't started in on the back yet. The front is looking pretty good I think, but tweaking is the hard part >.< In the middle didn't know whether to fill in those holes. Should I fill them in and let people not put them in if they want? I don't think I have any glaring mistakes, so if you do please point them out.

*Edit* Thanks Spaz! The first main images that come up however are fan art and are slightly off. Ironically the good ones I found linked me back here to the pep forum.

*Edit2* I also haven't detailed the "strap" running under the pecs.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u228/Noeva/Chest1.jpg

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u228/Noeva/Chest2.jpg

Newest

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u228/Noeva/Chest3.jpg

*****Images removed to clean thread*****

Wow dude way to make some good models. Im looking forward to your progress. I think you should make the areas floating faces like the hammer said.

Your welcome. Keep up the work cause this is going to be a sweet suit. My favorite out of all the armors.

ok, you are now officially my god =P lol. after you are done with the chest, i think you should work on the thigh pieces. and as everyone else has been saying, i can't wait to see this progress to pep files. its going to be HUGE !!

Haha if I update too much let me know. This is hard and it seems I get less and less done as I work more on the details.. oh well, there will be a jump when I start blocking out the back. The "belt" needs a little more work but I think it's passable as it is. But then the whole point of this is so it can be laid out pre-made and then just hardened/smoothed :pso no sloppy work.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u228/Noeva/ChestUpdate2.jpg

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u228/Noeva/ChestUpdate.jpg

*****Images removed to clean thread*****

I'm loving the look of this and will definitely be keeping an eye on the thread. I loved the MK IV and personally think it looks a bit cooler than V or VI, myself. Can't wait for it to be done. It looks fantastic so far, great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back