Odst Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchammertime

I was looking into the ODST backpack, since that is a big part of the overall suit. I was using the pic below for reference, but I wanted to know if anyone had any more reference pics of the backpack. Also, does anybody have any idea on how to approach it? I was thinking about using cardboard and foam to shape it, but I'm open to suggestions.

1243896531.jpg

Well I think the cardboard and foam would be good, but I don't know any other ways because there are no pepakura files I know of. But hey it's your choise but I think you should just go with the cardboard and foam. Good luck dude. ;)

Hey man,

I'm going to have to make both Dutch's (which is the standard with extra pouches strapped everywhere) and Mickey's (which has the comm equipment). I'm going to be trying with cardboard and foam also. Whichever one of us gets blueprints and such up first has gotta remember to post 'em up here. =P

Now the real question. Are you going to make it actually hold things? And if so, what? I was looking at the pictures and had a few ideas on how they may open. I can post diagrams if you wish.

I don't think I'm going to worry about that. In fact the only thing that i MIGHT hold in there is a camelback or something like that. I am planning to have the parts that extend out be one piece that goes through the middle.

If anyone could get their hands on some basic dimensions of these i would love to give it a shot at trying to put it together out of plastic i have sitting around

I have some thing partly done that you might like :)

2009-07-21_23-05-28-437.png

YAY!!! the main body of the back pack, now for the side pieces.

And Also I know i have a few things to fix but all in due time children

P.S i might not have this that fastly put out because i might be getting my fallout 3 for PC tommorow so m kinda of ecixted, but it probaly wont come :(

Th3 FETT MAN

awesome glad to see you working on this fett man I will be looking forward to see what you have done

sorry to double post but i was thinking how wide is the main center piece for your pack? it looks a little to thin from my perspective

i used the smaller picture with johnson in it not the picture with the bigger pack on it i dont know why but it should have been the same just a smaller model

AHhh! I'm excited about this! I've been wanting a good model of the backpack since the in-game footage and renders were released. This would be a great addition to the in-game ODST armor.

Keep up the good work!

-Erin

Hey Guys FETT MAN here and i have a present for everyone :)

An ODST Back Pack but the only thing is it isn't unfolded yet :(

But here's a picture

2009-07-23_01-24-48-125.png

Also if you guys want any other detail just point it out in a picture or something and I'll add it to it.

Tell Me what you think

Th3 FETT MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back