Iron Man Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

newhelmet.jpg

After weeks of modeling, I have come up with a finished mesh that I am happy with. This is based on references of the pre-production sculpt, and the "thisfilewillneverpep" model made by "hal4u". Before anyone says that I "stole" it, here's a pic of my mesh superimposed over his.

overlay.jpg

I am not happy with the notches in the back, but bondo will fix it. This model is split up into different parts, so if you want, you can make the face and jaw open up like in the movie.

The finished model will have supports for all the parts, and the individual parts, have flat sides, so they will fit together like a puzzle. I have tried to make this very smooth to keep bondo to a minimum, and still keep it low-poly. I am currently working on a test build, so stay tuned for updates.

The helmet is now FREE! Download the helmet here: http://www.4shared.com/file/164168254/988731f/IronmanA4.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/164168273/a5da843e/IronmanLetter.html

UPDATE: I've gotten a few requests to do the whole suit, and I had not planned on doing it, but I started looking at the armor files available, and decided to see if I could do any better. I will probably not be doing all of the armor, only the parts that I think are not as accurate as they should be. Not intending to diss anyone's work, btw.

Anyway, here's my shoulder bell that I have been working on. Any Ideas on what to do next?

shoulderpic.jpg

shoulderdev.jpg

Download it Here.

Update 2: I'm working on the chest now. Here's what I have so far. I'm trying to smooth it out a bit more.

wip.jpg

Mini-update: I got a bit more work done on the chest and started the abs.

wip2.jpg

UPDATE: Bicep done and unfolded. It is symmetrical, so just print 2.Download the bicep here.

awesome! its about time someone got to this. now i just need someone to remodel the Final fantasy DeepEyes helmet game mesh for me.

JUICE said:
The jaw is a little wide towards the rear.

I see what you are talking about. I am almost positive that it is the perspective camera making it look that way. I'll know for sure when I finish building the card model.

Here's a sample of the unfold:

development.jpg

I started putting it together. It is still kind of flimsy since I haven't built the ears and neck, but the face and jaw are just attatched to the head by paperclips, so the face isn't lining up with the jaw properly.

image200907250001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dungbeetle said:
I see what you are talking about. I am almost positive that it is the perspective camera making it look that way. I'll know for sure when I finish building the card model.

Here's a sample of the unfold:

development.jpg

I started putting it together. It is still kind of flimsy since I haven't built the ears and neck, but the face and jaw are just attatched to the head by paperclips, so the face isn't lining up with the jaw properly.

image200907250001.jpg

This looks Amazing!!!

There are some issues that need to be worked out before I release it.

1. There are no tabs connecting the brow with the face, so the eyes don't hold their proper shape.

2. I need to make a connection between the ears and head.

3. I need to make struts to keep the shape for fiberglassing.

Here's a pic of the helmet built by Masterle247

ironmana4helmetbuild-Copy.jpg

He folded every line, so it's not as smooth as it could be. The eyes are photoshopped.

Check out his war machine pics here.

Looks great so far when your ready to release the pep file can you give me a shout please?

Are you planning on peping the rest of the suit by any chance?

I've visited your blog and I also love your goblin mask as well

angry_cabbage said:
That looks alot like a war machine suit. Any chance i could get you to pep the forearms and torso from this pic?

war-machine1.jpg

It looks like the torso is actually the mk3 torso with a collar attachment for the minigun. I could model that pretty fast if you have a shot of the back.

I do believe this is the unreleased movie version of how the minigun would attach. The hole in the back is where it is controlled from if I remember right. I know it's Ironman but I remeber reading somewhere they will use this back for the warmachine suit for Ironman 2 or whenever warmachine will appear.

IronmanBack_V1_PSweb.jpg

However the pic posted by angry_cabbage shows extra attachments on the shoulders, which I belive to be where the guns are mounted to the shoulders for extra support and to evenly distribute the weight.

Hope this helps ;)

Nice work Masterle247!

I should have the finished file with support struts unfolded and ready to go later today. I joined the brow and the face parts together, because, well it was kind of retarded having them separated. I just realized after spending a long time unfolding this thing, that I used the file where I forgot to weld a couple vertices, so the released file will have 2 open edges, but don't worry when you see it, I just added tabs to the necessary parts. I will unfold the proper file later. I am leaving the scale where it is, although, it is a little big for me. Scaling it down by 10% may work for most people.

For those who are interested, I am releasing this file now, so send me a pm with your email address, and the paper size you need (Letter or A4) and I will email you with instructions on how to get it/payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back