I Need A Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maj Pain

Hello community. I've been here for a really long time. Ive built multiple sets of armor, contributed unfolds here and there, but i really want to learn another part of this hobby. I was wondering if someone can write me a tutorial on how to break up an .obj file with a 3d program. I have an old copy of 3d max on one of my computers, but im willing to get a different program if it better suits this project. If anyone has any tips or tricks or is even willing to write up a step by step, id appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Maj. Pain

Oh, one more quick question; what are the odds of a pep'd piece surviving being shipped in a hard plastic storage container? Would it survive the heat? Would it "deflate"?

In 3ds max:

Select an object. > Modify panel > Modifier List > Object-Space Modifiers > Slice

or

Select an object. > Modifiers menu > Parametric Deformers > Slice

Then select resuls objects ans export as obj together to keep them in the same file

Major Pain said:
Hello community. I've been here for a really long time. Ive built multiple sets of armor, contributed unfolds here and there, but i really want to learn another part of this hobby. I was wondering if someone can write me a tutorial on how to break up an .obj file with a 3d program. I have an old copy of 3d max on one of my computers, but im willing to get a different program if it better suits this project. If anyone has any tips or tricks or is even willing to write up a step by step, id appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Maj. Pain

Oh, one more quick question; what are the odds of a pep'd piece surviving being shipped in a hard plastic storage container? Would it survive the heat? Would it "deflate"?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the packaging thing, I would suggest putting some resin on it. Even if only the outside, it should keep it together in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back