Flex Foam It 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the molds are the same size. Think about it if the molds smaller then the cast is only as big on the outside as the molds inside no matter how thick the cast is due to expansion.

Ithica

Any huge pointer about FlexFoam? Never worked with foam before, so i do you have any tip about working with Flexfaom?

Very import advise.....

1. Measure correctly

2. Mix fully

3. Pour Fast

5. Pour to fill half the mold

6. Slush fast

7. When is gets very sluggish stop slushing

8. In a mold you just fill and leave, fill half way, use stir device to push foam onto sides and then let sit.

Anymore questions?

Ithica

So instead of pouring a little and layering it like SmoothCast, you would mix enough FlexFoam to fill the mold halfway, then commence slush casting?

Thanks Dave, that helps a lot!You are truly the master of FlexFoam on these boards!

Not really except about cleaning casted up. It would seem to me that even if FlexFoam is self skinning, how do you clean up any air bubbles... bit of latex perhaps? Its always fun to experiment with new materials, but thanks to the economy i don't have the time or the money to experiment with the new materials i have laying around.....

Btw: I love Mini Masterchief and his little armor! Lovebug did a terrific job on this armor.

Great work! But...I also have a question.

So when you fill the mold halfway, it expands, and then you drill it out to make it hollow? Is that how it works? I noticed you said to slush cast it, but how to do do that "halfway" in an irregular mold?

Thanks!

Ixius

I think what Dave means is that molds that you would normally fill with casting resin and leave it to cure now have to be filled halfway to allow the material to expand. Casting things like shins, thighs, and boots require simply pouring in some of the Flex-Foam IT and slushing it until it begins to skin and cure up. I hope that clears it up. Dave may be able to clarify further if I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back