Flex Foam It 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
Here is yet another video...lol.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHr9m54nug[/media]

Ithica

You can also use the So-Strong pigments in the foam and/or metallic powders on your mould. I tried a Hammer Blade out of FlexFoamIt as a test (it was truly an epic fail) but those two things did work properly...

if you didn't use a pigment, would the paint start to crack off? i had some hulk and thing fists that were a foam similar to this and the paint started flaking off within a few hours. so if you can get the pigments to look right then you'd have an awesome thing going.

dylan Snyder said:
if you didn't use a pigment, would the paint start to crack off? i had some hulk and thing fists that were a foam similar to this and the paint started flaking off within a few hours. so if you can get the pigments to look right then you'd have an awesome thing going.

I don't know about the pigment but brush on water based acrylics work perfectly and don't crack at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, MC is sooo cute. *snatches him up for mega cuddles*

Damn, I LOVE the Flex Foam pieces, they would be alot easier to wear, let alone put on. Great work, Ithica! _(^-^)b

Hey Dave, nice talking to you earlier tonight. The Flex Foam looks very slick and is most definitely what I would try and get most (if not all) of the suit made out of.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I need that flex :D!

FlexFoam-it 25 is the super expensive stuff right?

Is there a cheaper alternative? Like maybe the 3, 5, or 10 versions? Or would those not work as well?

FlexFoam-it 25 is the super expensive stuff right?

Is there a cheaper alternative? Like maybe the 3, 5, or 10 versions? Or would those not work as well?

I was looking at the Flex-it foam on smooth-ons website the other day, trying to get price ideas, and I've concluded that Ithica uses 25 because of the low expansive properties. The other 3 types have like 8-15 times expansion of the normal dimensions. So, to avoid ballooning pieces in the mold, Ithica has to use the type with the least expansion.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and it's for another reason entirely. :p

Durability and appearance... foam is 25 is flexible yet wont crumble and fall to pieces. It self skins making its surface appearance less likely to be full of pores, no to mention is has a much higher resistance to tearing.

Expanding foam of any type can "balloon" your molds if you aren't careful, and you should always calculate the volume you will be filling... not matter the foam type.

Might I also add that Flex-FoamIt 25 works out to be nearly the same cost per gallon as Smoothcast 300 when you take into account the 2x expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back