My Master Chief Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you have looks very well done! You've definitely got very good skill with pep and nothing looks like it warped during the resin/glassing processes. I do agree that one thigh looks a bit taller than the other, not sure what could have happened there, but they both look fine. If you're planning on having something to wear to the Halo 4 launch, I wouldn't do anything to them at the moment. If you are set on redoing them at some point, I have developed a new support structure for this file, here is a like to the post in my build with the link to the file...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33640-**Yet-Another-Halo-3-Build-Carpathia-s-Mk-VI-Armor-(Lots-of-Pics!)?p=629850#post629850

Hope to see more on this soon! Keep up the great work.

Awesome. That will help a lot. The cod piece did warp a bit. Though I might be able hide it. And thank you.

Nevermind I just went back through your thread and found it. Very creative!

Just finished pepping the Helmet! Finally I dont have to worry about using a store bought hemet..............lol

IMAG0641_zps91ffd666.jpg

IMAG0642_zpse78c4255.jpg

IMAG0643_zps46c20c3e.jpg

Ok Helmet looks amazing and this may sound stupid but you glue the matching numbers together right, the folds? so the numbers show right. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes but I can't find anything saying that or I missed it

Ok Helmet looks amazing and this may sound stupid but you glue the matching numbers together right, the folds? so the numbers show right. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes but I can't find anything saying that or I missed it

It would be easier to show you this video done by one of the members then try to explain it all. Abrant3 is who inspired me to come here and has helped me with mine through his tutorials.
. Watch all of his vids. They answer alot of questions, and then when your done this site is deffinatly the site to be for Halo armor making.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks will be checking them out now. Am currently cutting out, I see why they say to use card stock, but this is my practice helmet.

Ok thanks, it just looks like in some of the patterns I'm cutting out some have a square cut into for flaps to fold down or some reason.

Did you only use one layer of fiberglass on the inside? I honestly did not see any fiberglass at all in your build. Is it going to be strong enough?

so do you bend every line even the tabs that get glued to the corresponding part or no? I'm asking with pepakura is every dotted line a fold line?

so do you bend every line even the tabs that get glued to the corresponding part or no? I'm asking with pepakura is every dotted line a fold line?

Yes, every dotted line is a mountain fold, meaning you fold it downwards. If its dotted with dashes in it, fold it upward, it is a valley fold line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back