My Master Chief Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a botched up helmet, and a fore arm ( i didnt post pictures of that for a reason) Ive decided to go with the medium detail pieces from Robogenesis. I can probably add a bit of detail to those pieces via paint and/or black foam paper. Ive also been looking for how to make the inner legs but Im coming up dry here. Was there a post on that? Sorry for asking. Here are some pictures of my progress, Again these are I believe medium def. parts so people will be able to tell its Master Chief. Some of the details Ill use that black foam paper for and what not.

Why did you need a whole topic just to say that? Just make an armor topic and share about you're armor through out the building process.

Masterchief1977 said:
So after a botched up helmet, and a fore arm ( i didnt post pictures of that for a reason) Ive decided to go with the medium detail pieces from Robogenesis. I can probably add a bit of detail to those pieces via paint and/or black foam paper. Ive also been looking for how to make the inner legs but Im coming up dry here. Was there a post on that? Sorry for asking. Here are some pictures of my progress, Again these are I believe medium def. parts so people will be able to tell its Master Chief. Some of the details Ill use that black foam paper for and what not.

here is a completed right fore arm and a near completed hand plate. All i have to to with the fore arm and hand plate is resin and glass. One question on the arm though i noticed there are no supports on it. Should I make some so it doesnt warp on me when i resin the outside?

P8010257.jpg

P8010258.jpg

P8010259.jpg

P8010260.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Masterchief1977 said:
One question on the arm though i noticed there are no supports on it. Should I make some so it doesnt warp on me when i resin the outside?

yes. I would definitely throw some around that wrist area unless it has a cap on it. I really can't remember on that particular piece.

Liq said:
yes. I would definitely throw some around that wrist area unless it has a cap on it. I really can't remember on that particular piece.

It does have a cap on the end of it. But there were no other braces in the print out. Also as said before Im having trouble finding the inner legs. I may just try to use some thick cardboard for them. Im not sure though. Suggestions?

two arms down! Peped and ready to resin and glass. Cant afford the resin and glass at the moment so Ill just keep working on the paper models.

P8020269.jpg

P8020268.jpg

looking good thus far, laddie! I would be along that far too, but I am currently saving up money for Skip's RC armor bundle. and I've been working on armor for my friends thus far.

Sierra 720 said:
looking good thus far, laddie! I would be along that far too, but I am currently saving up money for Skip's RC armor bundle. and I've been working on armor for my friends thus far.

Something i noticed about the left sholder compaired to the right sholder, the left looks a bit fatter then the right. the right one looks taller. Maybe Im just seeing things?

got my right shin done. And All I did for the left before I printed it was flip the patern so that should make a left shin? Ill probably be starting resining these parts and possibly glassing tonight after work.

P8050270.jpg

P8050272.jpg

P8050273-1.jpg

look for a post I made a little bit ago. there is a link to the HD thighs and other HD models there. Hopefully that person doesnt take them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back