The "elite" Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got most of the sculpting out of the way this morning/ afternoon. It went from 7am to 4pm really quick today.

Elite022.jpg

Elite023.jpg

Elite024.jpg

Elite025.jpg

Elite027.jpg

Elite028.jpg

Elite029.jpg

Elite030.jpg

Elite031.jpg

Elite033.jpg

The boring but important stuff.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vod4lT2CL0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s71K9U6mT2w[/media]

Dude that is so awesome! How are you planning to pull off the teeth? Are you going to mold this thing? And how are to going to harden that plaster? It looks like it could get scratched really easily.

Plans for the build:

The inner structure will be made of flex-foam and an exo (endo?) skeletal frame. The skin will be made of Masking latex with venting stations under the armor. Armor will be smooth-cast 300 with working vents, led's, and fans. I also plan to include a voice amplifier, to make it sound like the elite is talking, and probably a bikers water-bag to stay hydrated. It's gonna be a long intense build. The difficult parts will be the animatronics around the eye's and to control the upper lip and mandible. As for the teeth I recently got with Joe to purchase a Coyote skull. I am planning on molding the upper and lower jaws/ teeth. After a lot of clean-up work and modification this should be perfect for the Elite's teeth, and jaw structure (Side note: this concept was "borrowed" from a guy who did something similar to make Were-wolf teeth). As for hardening the plaster, rondo soaks into and bonds with plaster very well. Just to clear the air, this is not gonna be a fast project. I am looking at making a Movie grade elite, so this may take me several months to years to fully finish. On the brighter side the "Statue" part should be done fairly quick as this process has drastically cut down my working time.

Yes I am planning to mold him in parts, and will be making multiple copies to work from as well as pass around.

Hey Ben, I'm totally diggin' this thread and I can't wait to see what's coming next! That's quite a build you've got going, and I can only envy your magical bondo-ing/sanding abilities. Elite builds are a rare thing around here, so seeing such a promising and cool one is a real treat! Keep up the great work, man!

Shade

Started on the foot today. I used my shoe for reference. I have a size 13 foot. Just so you can get a more accurate feel for this. If this foot wore a shoe it would be a size 24 (which means that the foot is 23inches long from toe to heel). This fits with the actual scale info from halo 2.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lCB_qVjBhM[/media]

EliteFoot001.jpg

EliteFoot002.jpg

EliteFoot003.jpg

EliteFoot004.jpg

EliteFoot005.jpg

EliteFoot006.jpg

EliteFoot007.jpg

EliteFoot008.jpg

EliteFoot009.jpg

Need help from modelers and unfolders on the next stage of the project. While I am building the elite, and shaping him up for the costume/ statue, I need help to Hi-Def this low def armor. I will provide the 3d models and ref-shots to anyone who is willing to help. Please try to keep the scale as close to the originals as possible, these are built to go directly on my elite pep file. Pm me for the *.obj files to use as a base, the ref pics for the armor I would like to build first are below along with a pep shot of the 3d files.

Elitearmorpeplowdef.jpg

1154_0002.jpg

elite-1.jpg

elite.jpg

elite2.jpg

elite3.jpg

A word of caution Killjoy, don't necropost, in other words, if you see that the date on the last post was, i don't know, A YEAR AGO, don't try bringing it back to life, you are just gona get into problems. Trust me, i have seen to many people get chewed up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back