It Looks Like The Ebay Seller Recasted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkesword2020

Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Halo-ODST-Weta-...m414827ca5c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_941

Pictures copied from Ebay page:

Recaster1.jpg

Recaster2.jpg

Recaster3.jpg

Recaster4.jpg

Looks like the guy who didn't pay for Rube's helmet also recasted the stolen item.

Figured this should be brought to your attention guys.

This is an outrage! How many time have I seen stuff from the absolutely brilliant forum members here recasted! I've lost count! People REALLY have to stop doing this.

And this is why you ALWAYS have to do a "background check" on everybody you sell a cast to. You never know if he/she may be potential recaster.

Also, that cast looks worse then Rube's for sure. If your going to recast, then atleast make sure its OK with the original artist, customise the piece to look differant from the original, make sure you mold and cast the work well, and give credit to the original artist! Gosh, is it THAT hard to do!?

Some people never learn...

Guys, it's not even that it looks like it is. I can confirm it is, Rube posted in the other thread that he had sent a helmet over to said ebay guy. Ebay guy sells helmet, and then immediately after sale, posts this helmet up for sale. So unless Rube sent him two helmets (unlikely) then yes, he has recasted Rube's helmet. That makes three to date.

This is really rather sad. I'm sorry for ya Rube, hope it'll pan out.

- Fitz

That seller looks to be someone interested in Archery, I only noticed one other helmet sold in their feedback. All you can do is hope they lose interest in this and move on. Someone who only does recasts probably does not have a great interest in prop and costume work.

Noob alert but, how can you guys tell?

I know that recasting is bad, it'd be like someone stealing a song I've worked on

but seriously how can you tell?

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
He says it's solid.
blink.gif

Hmm, I wonder what he means exactly by that.

sporgo said:
That seller looks to be someone interested in Archery, I only noticed one other helmet sold in their feedback. All you can do is hope they lose interest in this and move on. Someone who only does recasts probably does not have a great interest in prop and costume work.

We do know he's sold one of Rube's ODST helmets; which means that before selling that helmet off, he recasted it, and casted the helmet you see now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had an Ebay account, i'd ask the guy about this, it does look like a recast... someone with an Ebay account should ask him, then he'd have to face the wrath of the 405th MWAHAHAHAHA! He'd be attacked by hundreds of Master Cheifs whacking him with plastic guns, MWAHAHAHAHA! ...or... maybe an Email? Seriously though, we have to do something. Even though i'm a n00b to the forums, I can still see that.

From his crappy pics I can't tell if it is an original or a cast. It could be a photo of the helmet I sent him before he painted it. Doesn't seem to be including a visor though so probably a cast. Turd.

It is not a helmet from my mold, unless they cast that helmet, then made it look like a cast from Rube...

I know the person who own's Spase' helm, he hasn't made a cast from the mold since he's bought it. It's in safe hands with a Source member. Rube, sucks man, I reported it ..hope they actually care enough to do something. Is this guy a member?

Cheers,

Kensai

come on you guys... its clearly his helmet youtube as you can see the odst in that vid is like the exact same in his ebay pictures...... :lol

this guys a Jerk, can we just have a thread with known Recasters, and bad Buyers/sellers listed in it? life would be a little less stupid.

Rube this sucks man, hopefully he slips on a Banana peal and falls on his butt

DreadMullet said:
this guys a Jerk, can we just have a thread with known Recasters, and bad Buyers/sellers listed in it? life would be a little less stupid.

I second this.

DreadMullet said:
Rube this sucks man, hopefully he slips on a Banana peal and falls on his butt

I second this too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back