Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here I go just trying to make the best of what I got. I added a little detail. See it? :p

2jczg4m.jpg

I think I picked out the perfect colors! :D But my armor is going to look like crap. :( Oh well, it's just a first and I kind of have to rush it since I need it done soon and don't have the time to try and make it look any better.

Also, how does this look? Does the helmet look too big or is it just me? I know if I make the helmet any smaller, I don't think it will fit. I know after I harden this one, it will get a bit tighter on the inside.

20tgner.jpg

HaloGoddess said:
Well, here I go just trying to make the best of what I got. I added a little detail. See it? :p

2jczg4m.jpg

I think I picked out the perfect colors! :D But my armor is going to look like crap. :( Oh well, it's just a first and I kind of have to rush it since I need it done soon and don't have the time to try and make it look any better.

Also, how does this look? Does the helmet look too big or is it just me? I know if I make the helmet any smaller, I don't think it will fit. I know after I harden this one, it will get a bit tighter on the inside.

20tgner.jpg

your helmet is the correct size. The busa is the largest helmet so it looks a bit big even when it is small. I promise once you put everything on then it will look fine, because it will sit up a bit higher due to your neck ;p

P.S.

The paint looks fine, I might add a detail line around your yellow stripe to help separate it a bit more,

also when and why do you have to have this done by/for??

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloGoddess said:

If I were you I'd use a darker yellow, or an orange-yellow, seeing as most yellows have a very poor pigment, and don't tend to be very user friendly. You primed everything gray, yes? You'd probably need a minimum of 3 coats of paint to get a decent yellow base, possibly more.

That aside, everything's coming along great, the helmet looks fantastic! Amazing papercraft, nice and cleean.

Best of luck with the rest of your build!

The helmet looks right, i checked with a reference and if it needed to go any smaller it would be a very small amount and be a waste of time because it barely looks any different. that and with the time you have it looks more than good enough.

looking at your work inspired me to finally start my odst, i just need to come up with a new method of hardening.

No job + No money = No armor. lol

BenStreeper said:
your helmet is the correct size. The busa is the largest helmet so it looks a bit big even when it is small. I promise once you put everything on then it will look fine, because it will sit up a bit higher due to your neck ;p

P.S.

The paint looks fine, I might add a detail line around your yellow stripe to help separate it a bit more,

also when and why do you have to have this done by/for??

I need to have everything done no later than May 13th since I am going to a comic convention and it's sort of like an early birthday present since the convention is like a week before my birthday and last time we went, we spent quite a bit of money on halo figures. XD haha

HaloGoddess said:
I need to have everything done no later than May 13th since I am going to a comic convention and it's sort of like an early birthday present since the convention is like a week before my birthday and last time we went, we spent quite a bit of money on halo figures. XD haha

Our convention in NYC is in october so ive got a while before its gotta be finished but im trying to finish it asap im gonna get cardstock soon oh and very very cool i really liked the reuse of the doctor pepper bottle oh hey goddess there is a song i stumbled across called Halo goddess bone IDK all i did was search for halo just for the heck of it cause as yall know i dont have a life thought it was interesting and maybe yall would too sorry about being way off topic i humbly ask your forgiveness goddess

A few updates. Sorry no pics.

First of all.........when I bought my ONE can of spray paint for the main color of my armor......turns out the color is being discontinued! D: Go figure! I buy the color that's being discontinued! XD Fortunately, I went to another store and they still had 4 cans left and had a buy one get on free sale..........I bought the last 4. :p

Also, upon sanding my chestplate, I noticed something. Nothing to freak out about, but how it happened is beyond me. Ya know the bottom side of the chestplate where people cut it to make the front and back half? Yeah, well, on the left side, about 3-4 inches in front of where I should cut it.....it broke! D: It totally cracked!

But here is the funny thing..........it's a near perfect crack! :eek It's a nice straight line and it's as if I can just leave that as is! lol I was thinking on doing 1 of 2 things......I can either leave the crack to better help me seperate the front and back half for my armor and then cut the other side, thus making the cuts nonsymmetrical, but who really cares, right? OR I can bust out the fiberglass, repair the crack and cut it where I intended to cut it.

I might just leave the crack since it's a cleaner cut than my dremel can do. :p

If you'd like to stop the crack from spreading, there's a trick they use on airplanes. You drill a small hole at the end of the crack (it's called a stop hole.) You can then go in, patch it, and fill in the hole and crack.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
If you'd like to stop the crack from spreading, there's a trick they use on airplanes. You drill a small hole at the end of the crack (it's called a stop hole.) You can then go in, patch it, and fill in the hole and crack.

Heh, too late for that! XD It cracked all the way through and is fully seperated as if I cut it already to make the front and back half for the chestplate. Get what I'm saying?

OMG!!!! >:[

Now I am just getting totally frustrated on this and am this close to just giving up!

Now my chestplate doesn't fit. It's way too tight on the sides and when I try to put it on, it squeezes both sides of my rib cage. It makes it impossible to breath.

I'm having WAY too many things go wrong with this build. First the thighs don't really fit (even though I have something to help make them fit) then I can't even get my shin pieces on, now my chestplate doesn't fit. There's a good chance that the forearms won't fit either once I harden those too.

I've already wasted so much material and supplies trying to make this and I am running out of money. I have been using the money I got from my tax return and now I have about $60 left. That is not enough to redo/finish this stuff and I'm getting VERY annoyed. I want to cry. :(

I've put so much time and money into this project, hoping to have a cool costume to wear to the convention and maybe for other things and nothing.......NOTHING is working out as I hoped.

I know how ya feel. You take all the time and money to buy supplies, go through the pepakura process, resin, and wait for the resin to dry, bondo, SAND the bondo, and then it doesnt fit. That's happened to me once or twice.

Well I went ahead and took the dremel to my chestplate and had to cut some of the bottom side area. It's still a bit tight and not very comfortable. It's near impossible to take a deep breath.

1z71lqv.jpg

2enp8jq.jpg

And the result after taking off the chestplate:

24wyfdf.jpg

See the redness? It's just as bad on the right side too. It hurts worse than it looks. That's the area by my neck from the neck hole on the chestplate. I already cut the neck area some so it wasn't such a tight squeeze on my neck. Hopefully some padding in that area will reduce that because it hurts right now.

It looks so great, things are really starting to come together! A bummer its painful to wear though, perhaps trimming some more on the inside and the neck area will prevent any more bruises. Especially the neck though, if I were you I would trim it more after seeing that bruise. Sometimes you have to take comfort over accuracy. I expect some discomfort with my armor but if it crosses the line I wont hesitate to start trimming pieces till it feels comfortable.

It looks pretty good but like you said it needs some trimming, or you can remove that part and make it out of foam and cover it with black cloth. :D

Just a thought for you...My chest and back were also tight...I ended up spliting the armor, and extending the ribcage sides about two inches longer. It's still tight in parts but it at least opened up a bit more room front to back. Wasnt a lot of effort or materials either.

There's a trick you can do.

They sell this padded beading stuff that upholsterers put in couches and stuff. It's like 1/2 inch thick, and you can stick it to the edges that rest on you, like your neck area, and it gives you some padding, while still looking cool. You can get them in black vinyl, or whatever... or you can just make your own with strips of foam and cloth.

Quartermain3000 said:
There's a trick you can do.

They sell this padded beading stuff that upholsterers put in couches and stuff. It's like 1/2 inch thick, and you can stick it to the edges that rest on you, like your neck area, and it gives you some padding, while still looking cool. You can get them in black vinyl, or whatever... or you can just make your own with strips of foam and cloth.

Yeah, I plan on just sticking some padding by the neck hole area so that it sits more comfortably on my shoulders and doesn't hurt my neck. I will have to cut my chestplate some MORE so that it doesn't squeeze on the sides of my rib cage. There are these corners on either side that practically stab me on both sides and it doesn't feel so good.

But then there is still another problem...........the hayabusa addition for the chestplate DOES NOT line up with this model. Since the add on was from a totally different model, it doesn't line up right. I tried to customize the add on in blender to fit the HD MK VI torso, but my modeling skills SUCK and I couldn't do it to save my life! XD

Sorry to hear you are having so many hiccups! Don't give up! You are almost there!! If there is anything we can do to help out, let us know!!! As far as model tweaking, there are lots of people you could ask to do it. And the modelers around here are great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back