Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I altered my bicep piece. Right now I have only the right side done. The part that I cut off, I saved it so that when I go to do the left one, I will know exactly how much to cut off. It's going to kinda act like my cutting guide.

In the first image, I circled the area that I shortened. This piece used to be longer. If you have made this piece yourself, you should know exactly what I am talking about and know what I changed.

alter.jpg

bicep1.jpg

bicep2.jpg

So far, so good..............I think. :p

Nicely done! You nailed it; looks like a perfect fit, now. Managed to keep the same length, but thinned it out a bit to be snug enough for your purposes.

Chances are you'll have to use the same technique with all of the standard Pep pieces (biceps, forearms, thighs, shins) but you'll have gained enough skill and experience at it that the rest shouldn't be a problem to do.

Keep it coming, girl! :D

EDIT: Oh, and sweet job on the Hayabusa helmet, btw. Those have to be THE cleanest, crispest folds I've ever seen.

remember that will end up being a very hard piece of fiberglass when you finish so leave some room for padding or you will have one mother of a sore

The helmet looks wicked, as well as the shoulder peices!

Geat job HaloGoddes! its coming out great!

I bet Ithica wouldn't be the only badass saying, "Goin' Busa!"

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
I bet Ithica wouldn't be the only badass saying, "Goin' Busa!"

I encourage it. I in fact suggested exactly what she did on her own so brilliant minds think alike.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, JUICE is now an awesome person in my book now because he took ROBO's MARK VI bicep file and changed it to fit more of a female build. :D I printed it out and put it all together. That's when I realized I liked pieces of the "female" build and pieces of the "male" build.

So what I did was reprint a new "male" version put left out the pieces I was not going to use and just kept the female pieces I already had. I think this should work out nicely. The scale I used was 25.5 cm.

Here are some WIP pictures so you can see exactly what I did:

alteration3.jpg

alteration1.jpg

alteration2.jpg

And once I have this completed I will post pictures of the final. There is a chance that I may have to make one more small, minor alteration, but it won't be too bad. As long as this one works out, I will go ahead and do the same for the left bicep piece.

them helmets look cool. nice work. i wanted to make a busa pep too but im not sure how to strengthen it. how are yozu planing on fiberglassig the spikes??? on the outside?!? o.0

Female Mk Vi Suit

Here is a link to a post here on the forums for a guy's work on a set of armor designed for the female body.

The set is on under all his model pics. You could simply head out to the Wiki after pepping the chest, pep the chest and shoulder add-ons and apply them to this edition of the armor.

Wow, looks like you've got it all figured out! Good job!

(btw, i'm jealous of your drawing pen. Any recommendations on brand?)

putenschnitzel said:
them helmets look cool. nice work. i wanted to make a busa pep too but im not sure how to strengthen it. how are yozu planing on fiberglassig the spikes??? on the outside?!? o.0

The fiberglassing is done only on the inside of the helmet, not on the outside. I know it will be hard to really try and fiberglass the full length of the spikes on the inside, but I have other plans to somewhat strengthen the spikes from the inside.

After you resin the helm you can get a trial kit of 320 and pour it into the spikes allowing you to strengthen them and you will be able to sand them and detail them.

Ithica

SO I have begun the resining process! The helmet is just about done with it's coats of resin. I had to place my helmet upside down since there were some parts I couldn't get to. I don't have the luxury of having a garage or anything so I am stuck having to sit in my driveway and trying to do this. I am making due with what I have.

I also just resined my right bicep. It's the first coat. Also, I think I might suck at resining. XD

resin1.jpg
resin2.jpg

resin3.jpg

I don't thing so. It looks great. Don't worry about missing some areas the first time. When it cures, you can go back to the parts you missed.

HaloGoddess said:
The fiberglassing is done only on the inside of the helmet, not on the outside. I know it will be hard to really try and fiberglass the full length of the spikes on the inside, but I have other plans to somewhat strengthen the spikes from the inside.

i used milled fiberglass to strengthen the spike inside and some hard to reach area of the busa's helm... it is also fiberglass in a form of powder(milled)...

If you do end up following Ithica's advice on using the Smootcast to add strength to your helmet our tutorial we have over at the 405th source was specifically based around the Hayabusa helmet, worth the read if you consider that path: http://405th.com/?p=574

Looking good!

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
If you do end up following Ithica's advice on using the Smootcast to add strength to your helmet our tutorial we have over at the 405th source was specifically based around the Hayabusa helmet, worth the read if you consider that path: http://405th.com/?p=574

Looking good!

Cheers,

Kensai

I actually saw the link to this in another thread. It looks very useful, but I can't exactly afford it. :( And I was hoping that since it's a trial kit I'm supposed to get, I thought it would be cheaper, but it's even more expensive than the resin and fiberglass mat that I bought! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back