Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's friggin awesome.... and extremely hot. I think this build is gunna take first place at the top of my fantasies :D

if it's wrong, i dont wanna be right.

Okay, here is a little bit more of an update. I am really taking my time on this so updates WILL be slow. I don't want to rush it then sit here bored with nothing to do since I can't resin. I have to wait about 6 months before I can do that stuff! :( *sniff* lol

Anyways.......I decided to do the handplates and oh.....my.....god......they are a pain to do!! Since I am so small, these were really small! I was able to print out BOTH handplates on ONE page! haha

Here is what I got so far. I only have the one right now and it's not complete. I just have to cut out those annoying little circle pieces, but it's finished enough so I can at least see how it looks.

handplate1.jpg

handplate2.jpg

wow that groin plate looks really awesome and the thighs are perfect and match it beautifully! , 6 months for resining :( thats gotta really suck lol , oh well more time for other projects i guess cant wait to see more progress you have great pepping skills

Major hotness. And the armour isn't bad either. :D

Seriously though, you are quite good at pepping. Those are probably the best hand plates I've seen. Mine didn't turn out nearly as nice.

Of anything I've ever hated more in my experiences in papercrafting, it would be A. Small things (Hence why my AR isnt closed up at the seams below the ammo counter) and B. Circular things. But if you make a mistake I'm sure you can just fix them/cover them up. Keep up the good work :3

The hand plates were hard for me too, they are really easy to warp if you get just one edge not glued perfectly. Yours sure as heck do look a lot better than mine though!

nice looking work halogoddess!

i know the HD are a pain to make

i had to make 3 pairs, cuz they where too big and small

still dont finished them!:p

bob

Wow, great job on the handplates. I'm afraid to even try the display on the AR.

Why can't you resin for 6 months?

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
All I got to say is...

img-cgi.jpg

I lol'ed. Perfect timing, my friend.

But, yeah... just had to comment on that. I wish my pep pieces came out that well, though >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! More updates! haha

Well since the handplate I have moved on to making the shin. The shin is more of a female version and I had to unfold this myself as well. I used the HD shins unfolded by crackhead as a reference to unfold this particular shin piece. I DO NOT like the piece at the top middle.......ya know, that piece that kinda goes over the knee. It looks too narrow to me so I might take that piece from the other HD shin and put it there.

So far I am pretty close to having a right leg fully complete! :D

I also managed to make the right boot. BUT......if you look carefully, you will notice a little something out of place........another addition! At the bottom of the heel part, I added an inch and that is because of the shoes that I will be wearing. I had to alter the heel piece just a bit to fully cover my shoe.

Now just look carefully and I think you will figure out what added piece I am talking about:

shoe4.jpg

Here is a good front view. I don't like that piece that covers the knee. Doesn't it look too narrow??

shoe3.jpg

And just to show the kind of movement that I will have while wearing this:

shoe2.jpg

And a better look at the kind of shoes that I will be wearing:

shoe.jpg

Now, because of that addition on the heel, I had to think of something so that it looks like it belongs and the idea I came up with, seems to have a very good "female spartan" feel to it! I like it! hehe :D

This is just a quick little color scheme I did in photoshop. These ARE the colors I plan on using:

shoecolorsample.jpg

Now just imagine my ENTIRE armor being yellow! LOL I will SO stand out! LMAO I'm just going to make sure I don't make it too bright! XD

Wow.

That's a great idea, definitely adds a unique and feminine touch to the armor.

When all is said and done - will you be sharing the pep files of your own conversions?

The girlfriend would kill to have a pair of boots like that.

You may want to trim that back edge of the shin lower to allow for better mobility, and yellow will look awesome.

Lol Zacky I agree about the girlfriend thing. Mine wants a pair too.

Goddess: I am really digging the little mods your making to your armor to make it look more feminine. I am trying to get my girl into the whole Halo armor thing too and your a great inspiration for that lol. I showed her what you made and she is diggin it too.

Oh and quick question, I am not sure if you answered this but what are you doing for your chest piece. Are you going with a custom female piece like the one Ithica made or just a small modded version of the standard spartan chest piece?

Zacky Panic said:
Wow.

That's a great idea, definitely adds a unique and feminine touch to the armor.

When all is said and done - will you be sharing the pep files of your own conversions?

The girlfriend would kill to have a pair of boots like that.

Well, the boots were just the standard HD MKVI 2 piece file by ROBOGENESIS. After I printed it out and started to put it together then placed it around my shoe, that's when I realized I was not going to be able have it sit right. That's when I decided to just add to it and while holding the heel in place, I took a ruler and measured the space then cut a strip of cardstock long enough to fit around the bottom and scored some lines so I could fold it then glued it on. I can't really create a pep file with that extra piece added since I don't have the programs or knowledge to create it. But I'm sure that there is someone that could modify Robo's file and add that piece to the pep file. :)

Kirrou said:
Lol Zacky I agree about the girlfriend thing. Mine wants a pair too.

Goddess: I am really digging the little mods your making to your armor to make it look more feminine. I am trying to get my girl into the whole Halo armor thing too and your a great inspiration for that lol. I showed her what you made and she is diggin it too.

Oh and quick question, I am not sure if you answered this but what are you doing for your chest piece. Are you going with a custom female piece like the one Ithica made or just a small modded version of the standard spartan chest piece?

That's cool your girlfriend is getting into it by seeing my stuff. It makes me happy! lol As for the torso, I am using the regular hayabusa chest piece for now. I have been thinking about making a custom female chestpiece similar to the statue (there is a picture on page 4 of this thread) after I finish my hayabusa torso. I am just going to make another hayabusa chest piece and do some MAJOR modifications to it. I already have it planned out in my head. I just hope it will work, but we will see when that time comes.

Goddess this is amazing I was just thinking about upgrading my suit to Busa as well (Inspired by the new Smoothed Busa Helm thats out there:) ). I guess I'm the only one who has built the Female Spartan chest . Could one of you guys PLEASE unfold these lady spartan files I have a copy of them too & I'm getting just as frustrated with the arms & legs an besides with the busa addition you can carry a sword & Gals look great with swords :)!!

these models that I mod were very good

my gf will love it ^^

you can post the link of the pieces that you already unfolded?

I cant wait to see how this build turns out . I try to check back & forth to see something can use for my build ( Thanks for the Advice :) ) We definately should talk if you start up on your DARE build again (Did I mention I sew !!) I know there are alot of fabric parts to it . Will you convert a wooden boken for his sword or will you just use a real one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back