District 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyvern

Sr Member
So I have been around the internet lately and I've been looking for District 9 weapons. I have only just found a side image of the ARC-GUN that mister homo-sapien/Alien dude uses on some of the MNU mercenaries at MNU headquarters. Other than that, I have found nothing at all what-so-ever on the other weapons. I saw D9 three hours ago. BIG FAN OF THE BATTLEMECH BATTLESCENE BY-THE-WAY. And DON'T tell me to SEARCH BUTTON because I've done that for about 30 minutes, not-to-mention looking on GOOGLE and YAHOO for images for about 47 minutes now, If you HAVE seen a topic just like this (POLITLY SAY THIS: We have already read a topic like this, All we can do is to tell and ask you to keep trying, don't worry you'll eventually find what you are looking for.), and I'll say thank you and a few other things. I'm thinking about making some of the weapons and make kits for a limited for the first 5 casts, then make casts as plastic and funding permit. But mostly I'll be focusing mostly on the ARC-GUN, but do not fear, I will make models of the other guns, it's just I'll be making more arc's than the other guns. My friend is working on halo pepakura, I will be focused on making D9 alien weapons and custom armor for my game I'm going to start working on, also I'll be working custom D9 paint schemes for D9 weapons.

ARC-GUN's picture

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/07/Arc_Gun_clean.jpg

dist9pic.jpg

http://www.premiereprops.com/auctions/dst9/items/dist3000_a.JPG

district_9_big_gun.jpg

An our very own Sloan made this one:

sharcgunfinal01.jpg

I saw an official prop of the arc gun on e-bay...went for around $1500. Very nice. Wish I had the money. =P

I liked the first gun that Wickus used when he first tried to buy weapons. it was like a gravity gun. that is the one i want to make. But that zapper that he used to storm MNU was really cool. Kinda intimidating. If i saw that, I wouldnt want it pointed at me. lol

Trooper0621 said:
I saw an official prop of the arc gun on e-bay...went for around $1500. Very nice. Wish I had the money. =P

like this[attachment=11864:districtfrnt.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw district nine about 2 hours ago and was thinking the same thing came home searched google and found this lol im intrested in your results

Well from looking at it a prop one could easily be made using PVC parts and Pink Foam board. Great now you people have me thinking about building one of these things.

Don't know if people are still looking for reference but Weta posted some cool concept art a while back:

http://www.wetanz.com/district9/

Keep in mind that it is concept art so there are differences between that and what is in the film.

Still good stuff though, I've been using it to build some digital models that I may use to make physical props :D

4053204073_c15273e27e_m.jpg 4053947724_f32bf765da_m.jpg

4053229859_a30b035f1f_m.jpg 4053973318_3bdc2330ae_m.jpg

Also the latest issue of Cinefex (#119) and the next issue of Imagine FX (#50, not sure if it's out yet) have some District 9 stuff in them too.

Thanks for that Belakor. I may not get around to building anything from District 9 for quite sometime, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to grab any and all reference pictures that I can now. :D

Began new stuff — AMR B21. Some small elements will be corrected (a lot of details, borders, alien texts).

AMR-B21_rl.png

Old topic but I think I'll toss in a note I have one of the D9 guns on the Tamasoft Pep Gallery it needs to be unfolded but it's there for anyone who wants it I think it was the Arc Gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back