Odst - Dare W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Okay, so I WAS working on the Hayabusa armor, but with the release of H3: ODST just around the corner, I would REALLY like to have something to wear when I go pick up my copy! LOL

Now, I believe that DARE is a female, right? That is what I have been hearing and I read it somewhere before too. I want to try and make this outfit.

I know I can just simply make the recon helmet and paint DARE on it and I'm sure I could use some of the other Halo 3 ODST pep files for the other pieces. But I have NO idea what to use for the other stuff. I can barely make out what some of the stuff is supposed to be and I'm not sure if there are other parts to this outfit that can be pepped!

halo3_odst-dare.jpg

I don't recall seeing something in the pep files for the area on her stomache where that little green light is. I don't even think there is a file for me to pep for the forearms. Does one even exist? If not, is there someone that could be awesome and make it so I can print it out and build it? I think if I put my mind to it and use any and ALL free time, I just might be able to pull this off.

If anybody has ideas and suggestions as to what to use for under the armor, please tell me. Also, keep in mind I am NOT trying to spend TONS of money. I want to try and do this cheap, yet effective.

I need something for the thighs too. Is that something that can be pepped? Is there even a file for that? I need help with all these pieces! XD I looked on the wiki for the files, but I didn't even see anything for the shins, but I have seen people making them. Where are these files!? PLEASE HELP! XD

Post whatever you got to help me! lol

And last but not least, if there is ANYONE that could create any other pieces for this that are not yet available to be pepped, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could make something so I can build it for my costume! :D

You can get just about all you would need to pep that except for the chest packs and shoulder armour which as far as I can tell are somewhat unique to that particular character.

You're correct about Dare being female.

I have pretty much every ODST file that exists. Halo 3 ODST and WETA. I can't upload it i don't think. Do you have a MSN or an instant messanging service you don't mind PMing me and I'll do what I can to help.

theres already been files made for just about every peice needed. There are already thigh peices and and arm peices. The shoulders just seem to be smooth peices. The belt peice can be used but i think this one is reversed, so you can just flip the pattern on pepakura. the only peice that isnt looks to be the middle stomach peice with the light. That probably needs to be pepped. All the filea are on the thread that Freak posted, but most are buried in the different pages. i went through them all and found them using the posted pictures as a guide.

Yeah, DARE (veronica) has no shoulder armor, so an undersuit is required. The helmet is a recon helmet (and it looks a little big on her head). THe stomach packs are irregular... I would suggest a scratch build on those. The rest is pretty much self-explanitory.

JUICE said:
Givin' up on the Busa or just putting it on hold?

I'm just putting it on hold. I DO plan on making my Busa, but I think it would be cool if I could go to my local gamestop dressed as DARE to pick it up! LOL

The Stig said:
You're correct about Dare being female.

I have pretty much every ODST file that exists. Halo 3 ODST and WETA. I can't upload it i don't think. Do you have a MSN or an instant messanging service you don't mind PMing me and I'll do what I can to help.

Hey Stig! I tried to send you a message about my MSN name, but I guess your message box is full. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I already pepped the helmet and decided to get started on the chest area.

I think this might be a little too small compared to what DARE has:

ODST_chest.jpg

ODST_chest2.jpg

It looks like it needs to be higher! It looks too short!

Welcome to the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers dudett!!

Now about those pieces...

The chest piece looks spot on in my opinion, though its need to be a bit higher.

The stomache pack looks easy to do. I would suggest doing the peices out of cardboard using the "kinda-sliced method".

Cut out a piece that is a bit bigger than the one in the pic. Trim it until you have the overall shape of the peice, then add a bit of foam and cut it until its fluch with the carboard. Make sure to cut a couple more peices so you can add detail/replace part(s).

The circle part can be made easy too. just get a large bottle cap(possibly from a fabric softener bottle), add some holes to it so you can add them to the other peices, then add a green lens from a light filter thingy.

The weird looking peices can be made using the sliced method too. trace out a master peice, make as many cuts as you need, then add the deatil peice that goes on top. You can use carboard or something else you may haz around your home.

Good luck on your costume trooper!

See you on the ground,

-Pony

if you look closely, you can see that there is a difference between dare's chest pice and the other odsts. the bottem of the side flaps (for lack of a better word)is lower and there is are vents. that might explain why the chest piece that you made seems to be off.

man now that's gonna be an awesome build. I'm sorry I really can't offer much advice about how to go about it I usually just sculpt out of clay my that pep stuff looks awesome I think I may try that method next to broaden my horizons. Anyway I can't wait to see how it comes out hopefully I might be able to offer some words of assistance in the future.

Okay, so I got a few more things pepped.

shin.jpg

shin2.jpg

knee.jpg

The knee piece looks a bit small, but when I hold it up to me knee, it looks fine, BUT when I place it where it will probably be above the shin, it looks a bit small!

And I was wondering, the knee piece that I have is the WETA build. Is there a different knee file somewhere?? Maybe one that might look more like the one on DARE?

HaloGoddess said:
And I was wondering, the knee piece that I have is the WETA build. Is there a different knee file somewhere?? Maybe one that might look more like the one on DARE?

There is not one that I know of, but you can always make custom ones. Look at Dare's and sketch it out, or add onto the WETA knee. see if that works for you!

HaloGoddess said:
The knee piece looks a bit small, but when I hold it up to me knee, it looks fine, BUT when I place it where it will probably be above the shin, it looks a bit small!

sorry i dont think there is

Well, I managed to make a gauntlet (forearm) and I am roughly 85% done with the other one. I only have the one fully completed.

BUT.......of course there is a problem.:(

It's TOO BIG for me!! I even measured it from my wristbone to a little past my elbow and that was from following abrants tutorial on measuring!

gauntlet2.jpg
gauntlet.jpg

toobig.jpg

toobig2.jpg

And just to keep it from sliding off my arm, I have to spread my hand out!

toobig3.jpg

Making this armor is really starting to suck for me because everything is TOO BIG! The widest part around on omy forearm is a little less than 8 INCHES!! I am VERY tiny and this armor stuff seems to be scaled more for a guys arm! Almost everything I have tried to make so far, I have ended up having to make it twice! If not more than that!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back