Darkesword2020 Odst Helmet Run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well something is not quite right there. The pictures of his build are clear easy to see what is going on and such but the apparent semi-complete pic has a compression quality I have not seen on the internet since the mid 90s.

P32 said:
Well something is not quite right there. The pictures of his build are clear easy to see what is going on and such but the apparent semi-complete pic has a compression quality I have not seen on the internet since the mid 90s.

dude lol it is not like he is doing anything wrong, trust me he is cool. and he used his phone to take that pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is recasting Links helmet with out permission and selling them, there is something wrong. I dont care how cool he is.

This is what we are assuming right?

oh oh oh you think he is recasting! lol gotcha i thought he was just informing us that fitz was selling helms. sorry haha my bad

smick6 said:
If he is recasting Links helmet with out permission and selling them, there is something wrong. I dont care how cool he is.

This is what we are assuming right?

It appears that link believes he may be recasting, but even if he isn't why should I trust someone that posts such a poor picture of something that they want me to buy? A picture like that can hide all sorts of problems, and does not instill any faith in me for their product.

Let get somthine straight right now,

Darksword isn't recasting, i consider him a personal friend of mine. I know that he is working on his own helmet, and this could be it. He is on of the old mjolnir armor forums members and im sure that i would NEVER do such a thing.

Fitz, let me get back to you with a PM. I know that you are reading this ;)

falcon NL said:
Let get somthine straight right now,

Darksword isn't recasting, i consider him a personal friend of mine. I know that he is working on his own helmet, and this could be it. He is on of the old mjolnir armor forums members and im sure that i would NEVER do such a thing.

Fitz, let me get back to you with a PM. I know that you are reading this ;)

ditto dude

Guys, I did indeed buy one of Link's helmets, it was bought for my friend Ryan because he asked me since he knows I've done Star Wars and Halo armor and props in the past, if I knew how to get an ODST helmet, and I would've given him one of my ODST helmets at the time, but my helmet was still being worked on. So using his funds and my ebay account, I bought Link's helmet on ebay to complete his ODST outfit in time for a party he's going to.

Afterwards I took Link's visor and put it into my helmet master so that I would have a completed master after cutting out the visor on my helmet. Link, you knew I had contacted you prior, to ask you about getting visors for my helmets. Would I be so stupid as to recast your helmet and then ask you for the visors to complete the casts? I don't think so.

That being said, yes I was working on an ODST helmet, and yes I am planning on doing a run when I have the funds.

Please look at the below pictures:

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

That helmet has since been completed, and until my camera is fixed, I haven't been able to take pictures to show the helmet beyond the phone picture seen above. My camera got sanding dust in the lens and body area and I haven't been able to take pictures with it since, and have been trying to clean it out and fix it but it still has issues.

As soon as the camera is fixed, I was planning on taking pics of my master and uploading those, instead of the pic taken on the phone. If you guys would like, I can take pictures of my master next to Link's helmet so you guys can see; plus you know my stance on recasting, once I saw Rube's helmet (from what I believe to be true) being recasted, didn't I put up a thread informing him?

A community is built on the basis of trust. You guys have trusted me thus far, give me a chance to prove that the helmet you see in the picture is my master rather than your helmet Link, instead of starting the witch-hunt. I've owned Adam's armor, I've owned a Sean Bradley helmet, both of them sold to me because they trusted me.

I will say this now, if you're going to assume that I'm a liar and keep that opinion, then go ahead and ban me, because I'd rather not be a part of a community that doesn't trust me.

IMG_2790.jpg

Either way something is wrong with your post. You did in fact use links helmet to make business. You may or may not be recasting but that 1st image is not your work. Link knows his helmet. Now on this topic when you came down here you aksed me and Sigma to assist you in molding a Star Wars helmet. We were going to until we found out that it was in fact one you had bought from someone else. Please do your best to solve this issue in a timely manner so this does not become a bigger problem. Provide images of the finished helmet in comparison to links helmet along with the image of the helmet above by the phone.

Ithica

why would you take out the visor that you got for your friend and put it into your new helmet. i know if you take that visor out you would have broken the helmet or the visor would have broke also

plus the emails that you sent me was for 20 visors for your team, you didnt say that you need them for your run

In my opinion, soliciting deposits for something that hasn't been molded, and for which there are no pics of the finished master, represents a questionable business practice, at the least. Add to that the use of a pic of someone else's helmet as the first pic in a post, and you have a pretty straightforward misrepresentation of work.

what puzzles me is that you didnt post here, on the halo forum. i understand trying to get a lot of coverage for the helmet, ive also posted on the RPF that casts of our dutch are available. but i posted here first. since this form is specifically for halo props and costuming. on top of that, you have several members on your team, right? someone has to have a camera, at the very least on their phone. there are ways to get pictures up of your work. i hope that you can get them up soon so that this matter can be taken care of quickly.

also, sorry to take care of my business here, but i havent heard back from you on the dutch helmet payment. i understand if you dont want one or cant purchase one at the moment, but dont give a guy the runaround. and needless to say, even if you werent just avoiding us, the sales matter will be on hold until this is cleared up.

Well, according to the invisible EXIF data embedded in the pictures, this project has been going on for almost a year now, September 3, 2008. Unfortunately Link's thread wasn't posted for several weeks later on September 17th, 2008 and this thing was fully bondo'd and ready for sanding and the dremel by this point, in addition to that, this "phone" picture doesn't have it's EXIF data embedded. Even a camera phone will embed that invisible data, how do you clear that of course... taking a preexisting photo through photoshop or similar exporting service creating a blank slate for it or specialty software designed to remove EXIF data. Anyhow, as Ithica said, just submit the photos, just throwing my 2 cents in. It's plausible either way, you had a year to work on it, then again all Link needs to do is to find that original picture and his EXIF data would be attached proving it's the original. Technology FTW.

odst-drakes.jpg

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
Well, according to the invisible EXIF data embedded in the pictures, this project has been going on for almost a year now, September 3, 2008. Unfortunately Link's thread wasn't posted for several weeks later on September 17th, 2008 and this thing was fully bondo'd and ready for sanding and the dremel by this point, in addition to that, this "phone" picture doesn't have it's EXIF data embedded. Even a camera phone will embed that invisible data, how do you clear that of course... taking a preexisting photo through photoshop or similar exporting service creating a blank slate for it or specialty software designed to remove EXIF data. Anyhow, as Ithica said, just submit the photos, just throwing my 2 cents in. It's plausible either way, you had a year to work on it, then again all Link needs to do is to find that original picture and his EXIF data would be attached proving it's the original. Technology FTW.

odst-drakes.jpg

Cheers,

Kensai

wow you went all CSI on us

darkesword2020 said:
A community is built on the basis of trust. You guys have trusted me thus far, give me a chance to prove that the helmet you see in the picture is my master rather than your helmet Link, instead of starting the witch-hunt. I've owned Adam's armor, I've owned a Sean Bradley helmet, both of them sold to me because they trusted me.

I will say this now, if you're going to assume that I'm a liar and keep that opinion, then go ahead and ban me, because I'd rather not be a part of a community that doesn't trust me.

Fitz, it's entirely unfair for you to throw this in our faces given that you've been less than forthcoming about all this. Trust is not a given away, it's earned, and can disappear in the blink of an eye. There's some very shady business going on here, any way you look at it...

You should not use someone else's helmet to gather attention to your sale without their permission. You should not take someone else's visors and sell them as your own without notifying them. You should not take orders for something that's not finished. You should not 'do a run' before you learn to walk.

I appreciate that you're a good guy, and I've always enjoyed chatting with you. You've always seemed to me to be honest, enthusiastic and genuine.. frankly I'm just very puzzled about all this behavior because it's so very unlike the Fitz that I know. Frankly I think that you do owe us an explanation.. not accusation. If you've done nothing wrong you should have nothing to hide. If you have done something wrong, own up to it now and put an end to the speculation and damage being done here.

I can't speak for Adam, but I can say that I don't want you tossing out our names in your defense... not if you can't disprove these allegations.

This matter is unsettled.. only you can clear this all up.

The first picture is not Link's helmet.

He hasn't used Link's helmet to promote anything on any forums.

And he's not selling the visor. He did put one of Link's visor he had bought separatly, installed it in the visor for that picture.

And the helmet IS finished.

He's buying Dragon Skin, and waiting for plastic from a certain member here...

Now, why he hasn't made a run on the 405th..

Check the 405th now. Most members are below 18. While on therpf and TDH, people are in the 30-40.

Plus, especially since members here are already selling odst, he's just trying to sell some too, doing a limited run.

I really don't see what's wrong with this.

And Now, I think this topic should be locked until Fitzgerald takes better pictures.

It sucks to ruin someone's reputation without any proofs.

LastSpartan said:
And Now, I think this topic should be locked until Fitzgerald takes better pictures.

LastSpartan I appreciate that you want to defend your friend. He's my friend too, and I'll see him through whatever trouble there is. I can't however say that I actually know what's going on until we have definitive evidence one way or the other. All we need is a pic of Link's helmet sitting beside Fitz's master, that'd solve any question of whose helmet is who's.

LastSpartan said:
The first picture is not Link's helmet.

He hasn't used Link's helmet to promote anything on any forums.

And he's not selling the visor. He did put one of Link's visor he had bought separatly, installed it in the visor for that picture.

And the helmet IS finished.

He's buying Dragon Skin, and waiting for plastic from a certain member here...

Now, why he hasn't made a run on the 405th..

Check the 405th now. Most members are below 18. While on therpf and TDH, people are in the 30-40.

Plus, especially since members here are already selling odst, he's just trying to sell some too, doing a limited run.

I really don't see what's wrong with this.

fritz did not buy a visor from me, he did bought a compeleted helmet from me.

in fact he wanted to buy 10-20 visors from me for his TEAM, which doing a run is not a team.

he needs to get a better picture of that helmet that hes trying to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back