How Do U Make A Smooth Pepakura File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harding29

im talking about before u print it,ive seen people that have made smooth versions of armor,how could i do that for an easier unfold

1.Go to the SET EDGE COLOR ICON(CTRL + E)

2.Lower the threshold of the folds(bottom right of pop up)

98845a46620755.gif bf3cba46620756.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Every model is diffrent as to how low a threshold it can have and still be build-able, so i suggest you lower it then go back with the DIVIDE/CONNECT tool to add strength to important areas(Cut and Glue areas) as well as fix the symmetry.

*Remember, the more folds you take away, the lower the overall strength of the model is*

So now you know, and knowing is half the battle....

Major Pain said:

98845a46620755.gif bf3cba46620756.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Every model is diffrent as to how low a threshold it can have and still be build-able, so i suggest you lower it then go back with the DIVIDE/CONNECT tool to add strength to important areas(Cut and Glue areas) as well as fix the symmetry.

*Remember, the more folds you take away, the lower the overall strength of the model is*

wow thats awsome.i was wondering the same thing,as i just started to assemble mroreos smooth re-unfolds. and wanted a smooth rougue helm..i tried to do it myself and was totaly lost .lol.so thatsnks for clearing that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't make it too smooth. If the angle is too low, you WILL lose essential sharp edges that's supposed to be there. I suggest not going lower than 160 degrees, because that gives you both smooth and sharp folds, Giving you an easier build.

Major Pain said:

G. I. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE!

haha couldn't resist.

also this will be helpful to me as well. thanks!

Major Pain said:

The way I work on my unfolds is to lower to threshold to 165 to start for all models, then I start manually hiding individual fold lines (ctrl+e to selectively hide/paint lines) that I feel would be better suited as a curve rather than a corner. If you do it this way, I haven't noticed any reduced structural strength in any of my builds so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back