Shaymin Sky's Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that sucks about the shed. Ive had things like that happen to me all the time, keep it up i really want to see this as complete!

Looking good so far. Too bad about the crushed stuff, but hey, maybe it could be sweet battle damage!

update...

1005091828.jpg

scratch building the two equipment plates was a great idea. there is no warpage, and they look great. the chest plate however, is killing me. out of the 3 I have built, I cannot seem to stop warpage. I observed and it usually occurs in the pepakura or resining stage.Any hints or tips? finally, I found a button to go in the center equipment plate. I thinks its perfect.

the dead line for haloween has been pushed to December 15. don't worry though, I still have a great costume for the holiday though. If you guys want I'll post it up when I'm done getting it together.

until next time,

-Shaymin

Hi. I managed to get a pretty solid chest plate on my first try. i just put some cheap wooden dowel pieces inside first as support. ill ads pict to this reply when it gets finished but the end result looks pretty good i guess. You can get a pack of 10 at walmart.

BTW qhen supporting the pepukura, i'd advise making sure its supported vertically AND that the vertical supports are LINKED to the horizontal supports. Make a kind of complete "Skeleton" that will hold up crucial points such as major edges, length ends, corners etc.

EDIT: As a side note, you may want to try using glue to make your pep more rigid. i just remembered that i usually use excess amounts of super glue in the valley ridges inside and outside to make the "Model" more rigid.

BTW if it's ok w/ you, i will be stealing your idea to scratch build the side equipment plates. lol.

Shaymin Sky said:
no problem, thanks for the hints, but the scratch building thing gave me an idea...

happy to help,i might have to "borrow" that one too lol

do you just use cardboard to scratch build? or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back