Shaymin Sky's Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymin Sky

Well, I've seen some pretty amazing costumes scince I joined the 405th. So, it's time I started my own.

PICT0987.jpg

PICT0989.jpg

I just stated and I plan on having more done through out the week. tell me what you think.

nice build you've started and lovely clean folds. looking forward to seeing more pepped pieces.

What did you scale your shoulder to? because the first time i left it on default and it was terribly small so now its 320mm and fits perfectly.

check out my armour too :)

Thanks everyone for your interest. Sierra, My shoulder is scaled to 290 mm and looks like this in proportion with my body.

0831091300.jpg

the top piece is a little snug. so after resin and fiberglassing I plan on shaving off some of the inside edges. My next shoulder will be scaled to 300 mm and I shall see if it fits better.

oh, and this came in. Thanks lee!

0831091302.jpg

That's some nice work. Everyone's going ODST crazy huh?

Sweet gun, I assume from the shoutout to Lee you bought it from another member here?

Looking good. The chest piece seems a bit on the smaller side though.

One thing you might consider doing if you have the time is modifying the WETA chest pieces together into one solid piece, like SaavyTank's ODST chestpiece or Rube's. It looks a little more game accurate IMO (no offense to nightshade who did an awesome job when all we had was concept art, and who continues to put out awesome pieces!)

yeah, my chest plate did come out a bit small. As for making a modded one, right now I think I'll stick with the one nightshade made until I can get better at this. Thats a great Idea though. thanks for bringing that to my attention. so now I shall return to my work. goodbye for now. ;)

new chest plate scaled to 205mm height.

0831092128.jpg

body comparison

0831092129.jpg

it turned out much better now that it fits. Next will be my second shoulder.

Sky out...

sorry to double post, but an update is here!

resining and fiberglassing started.

0907091408.jpg

knee done, maybe a little too big. scaled at 167mm

09070914322.jpg

and another shoulder.

0907091412.jpg

I must say, the shoulders are much harder than I expected them to be. They dont fit me very well as a raw pep, mainly because of the edges on the inside. So when I resin them, i'll sand down the edges to fit my shoulder. so thats it for now, up next, expect shins and a torso!

-sky out

Really good work. I'm probably going to start my pieces after the first day of school. I bookmarked this page because of the sizing issues lol x_x good luck

well, progress.

A shelf in my shed collapsed on another. Normally, this is not important, but almost all my odst progress was crushed, including pieces that were supposed to be for a trade.

What survived was mud glassed today.

downsized_0920091651.jpg

Im not terribly upset. Half of the pieces were not very satisfactory to begin with. lets just chalk it up to experience, and restart from ground zero. Be seeing you...

Sorry to hear about your shelf, but hey, your armor will be twice as awesome next time! Hoping to see more progress on it soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back