Childs Play Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

Hello 405th members,

While at PAX I was approached about the possibility of donating an ODST helmet towards the Penny Arcade charity, Child's Play.

The company line:

Since 2003, over 100,000 gamers worldwide have banded together through Child’s Play, a community based charity grown and nurtured from the game culture and industry. Over 3.5 million dollars in donations of toys, games, books and cash for sick kids in children’s hospitals across North America and the world have been collected since our inception

For those of you who have the capability/time/skill to have pieces available for donation, the organizer would appreciate anything people are willing to donate towards a charity auction. If you are interested, please fire off a PM to me. I will get in touch with the organizer now to see if I can put up his contact information so you can get in touch with him directly. The auction currently includes some incredible items such as:

• Caboose Messenger Bag
  • Voice recording of Joel "Caboose" Heyman Saying whatever you like aslong as it is tasteful for upto a minute.
  • Red vs Blue Reconstruction DVD signed by Roosterteeth
  • Halo 3 Grifball figure signed by Roosterteeh & Todd Mcfarlane
  • Halo Lithograph signed by Todd Mcfarlane
  • Arby & Chief Greatest hits DVD created by Jon Graham(formerly Digitalph33r.) specifically for this charity auction.
  • Halo Unyielding DVD
  • The Codex DvD
  • Halo ODST faceplate created by Roosterteeth comic artist Luke Mckay(painted in acrylic)
  • Halo ODST Artwork created by Pinkuh and signed by Bungie staff.
  • Copy of Halo Ghosts of Onyx signed by Eric Nylund
  • Copy of Contact Harvest signed by Joe Staten
  • Halo Art piece created by Luke Mckay signed by Jen Taylor,and Luke Mckay(working on getting Steve Downes.)
  • Microsoft/343 Studios has donated a full set of 10 Halo Legends poster, and a special 1/10 limited signed ones with a special doodle by Shinji Aramaki
  • Halo 3 multiplayer flags(red & blue)
  • Signed piece by Halo Wars Captain Cutter(Gregg Berger aka Grimlok from Gen 1 Transformers)

If you've got some high quality work you'd like to donate to a good cause, then let's see about getting things organized for a real care package to help out an amazing charity. And even if you don't have anything to donate, be sure to keep an eye out for the actual auctions, so you can nab some unique one-of-a-kind items and spend some money for a good cause.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and I hope many people take advantage of this opportunity!

Update:

Those of you interested in donating unique Halo related items, e-mail Laird @

lairdsvf@gmail.com

Really wish I could have provided a much higher quality helmet, but Laird seemed pleased with it.

I hope it brings some value to the already impressive collection. I have donated a couple hundred dollars to Child's Play in the past, so being able to add something in for this auction is just as worthy a cause to me.

Finally got some time to get over here and check out the 405th, I should just let you know that my large friend who was taking all the photos of you and vance has challenged me, and rightly you guys as well to an auction off. He wants to challenge his signed car by the guys at Turn 10(Forza) vs a Halo item from the lot of stuff I got. Are we going let an inferior video game product raise more money for charity? So which ever single item brings in less for the charity owes the other tickets to the child's play dinner in Seattle(all the dinner tickets directly benefit CP) and on top of that has to make a cash donation on top of whatever the items bring in. So whoever loses is not really losing cause after all someone is thinking of the children.:)(I really hope that didn't sound weird...but I thought you guys might get a kick out of a pre-auction auction off.)

I'll see what I can whip up for the charity. I might be able to set up an event at CSU Ohio as well. I'll get in contact with you guys when I've got something.

- Adulese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back