Super Hd Halo Wars Mk Iv Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbates

Ok everyone I have decided to post all the files in the first post so if you are wanting them here they are.

Torso

Click here for SoullessSin's unfolded of my tester torso

Click here for my unfolded of my HD torso

If you need the HD Torso in Designer 2 format here it is.

9-1.jpg

Scaling the torso

As for scaling the armor, I derived a formula for getting the height based off a side image of the whole mk iv suit. I figured out how tall the chest was and then the whole mk iv suit and turned the chest into a percentage of the whole suit and found that it is 25.97% or 0.2597 of your height (plus an added inch or two because your armor when finished will not be the exact same height as you) Now if you are taking your measurements in inches you will have to convert your height to millimeters. To do so multiply your height in inches by 25.4. So basicly in short here is what you do...

1.) Take your height and convert it to millimeters by multiplying it by 25.4

ex. 6ft 2in (6ft plus an added inch for room to fit in) = 74in x 25.4 = 1879.6

2.) Multiply your height in millimeters by 0.2597

ex. 1879.6 x 0.2597 = 555.8mm

3.) Go into Pepakura Designer 3 (Note if you are using Pepakura Designer 2 then you will have to divide the height or your chest piece by 10), go up to the menu bar, select 2d pattern window, go to change the scale of the development, then finally go to specify scale. You will then enter in the height of your chest as the height.

I hope this helps and I'm sure it should work. As far as I can tell my math is correct.

Shoulders

I am currently in the process of fixing some minor flaws on these so I will repost them shortly.

Cod Piece

Click here for the Cod Piece Size Tester.

Click here for the HD Cod Piece.

6-1.jpg

Scaling instructions:

Everything is the same as the torso except instead you will multiply your height in millimeters by 0.1335 to get the height of the piece.

it sort of resembles the center of a Halo Wars MKIV helmet. The one from the actual cutscenes, not the model on here.

DYSTORTED INC said:
it sort of resembles the center of a Halo Wars MKIV helmet. The one from the actual cutscenes, not the model on here.

DING! DING! DING!

CORRECT!!!

An e-cookie for you!

cookie.gif

I am like I said actually a good bit farther than I have shown you guys, I just thought it would be fun to tease you all. I am going to model the whole suit in HD with massive amounts of detail, and you guys know how I am about accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
agbates said:
DING! DING! DING!

CORRECT!!!

An e-cookie for you!

cookie.gif

I am like I said actually a good bit farther than I have shown you guys, I just thought it would be fun to tease you all. I am going to model the whole suit in HD with massive amounts of detail, and you guys know how I am about accuracy.

Awesome!! I've actually been trying to edit the original MKIV file to resemble this one, but failing horribly. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Can't wait to see it.

Ok everyone, here is my progress right at the moment. As you can see I still have a long way to go until it is completed, but I assure you that when it is complete it will be covered in detail. Right now the only area that really has any detail is the top section that I just showed you because the curves were all relatively simple. As for the rest of the helmet I am slowly trying to flesh out the major curves before I add detail, so don't worry if parts of the helmet look really low-poly.

I am definitely going to put my heart and soul into making this whole suit as accurate as possible because it is one of my favorites of all the different types of armor throughout the halo series if not my favorite overall. Who knows, maybe we will be lucky enough to see it again in Halo: Reach. I think in the books it was the mark iv, or maybe it was the mark iii. I can't really remember.

Anyways here are the pics so far...

You know the drill, tell me what ya think!!!

2-2.jpg

Oh yesss

If only you had the Mk IV helm on ;)

But it looks like you got the details on the middle there pretty good :D

jurgenp1 said:
you didn't lie about the amount of detail.

really awesome

Thanks, I am really glad everyone approves so far. After all it is for you guys, so your opinion means a lot.

Sorry to double post but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on something and I just hate editing something because half the time no one ever looks at the edits.

I have been using some really great references I found on one of the other topics here (I can't remember what it was called exactly or who created it) and they are absolutely perfect for this project. At first I thought they were of the actual 3d model used in the game, but now I don't think so. The whole suit looks exactly like the in game model except for one little spot as far as I can tell.

This is where you guys come in. I need you guys to acknowledge this before I go and try to change something. If any of you guys know anything about where these references come from and the accuracy of them I would also be extremely thankful because I want this suit to be 100% accurate.

Here are some of the references I found on another thread...

miniature_small.jpg

template_small.jpg

As you can see they are perfect for a person trying to recreate these in 3d, but there is one problem.

3.jpg

I just want to hear what you guys think I should do.

You could make two different head models with or without the curves on top there.

But I bet that would be time consuming and a waste.

To me it doesn't matter unless a Halo Wars game developer notices something wrong with my helm or something.

You are the artist though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back