Dragon*con 2010 Parade Planning & Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would ask that people be a little less 'animated' and 'cute' during the parade this year. You can still have fun and be engaging with the crowd without making a fool of yourself.

We'll all talk more on the matter when everyone is assembled that Saturday.

I would ask that people be a little less 'animated' and 'cute' during the parade this year. You can still have fun and be engaging with the crowd without making a fool of yourself.

We'll all talk more on the matter when everyone is assembled that Saturday.

no humping plz. i know its a part of the halo universe, but save it for different pictures inside later on instead of the parade. most people in the crowd LOVE interaction, especially the younger ones. shake their hand, high five em, pose for a quick picture, but thats about it.

Hi everyone sorry to announce that I will not be able to go to Dragon con this year.
Let say that I got some financial problem now and this make me so much angry that I cant com.

So let say I will be there next year.

Pat

Just sent Adam a message on FB, just waiting for a response.
EDIT: Got a message back from Adam, he will be sending the banner to me and I will be bringing it to D*C.

Just a quick check - did you ever get the banner from Adam? It would be great to have it again this year...

Goosebot, these might be some additional details that'll help people reach where we're going incase they don't quite make it to the Marriott Marquis in time.

Route To Parade Start

The link above is the route to the parade start from the Marriott Marquis location we will be meeting at in case some of you run late. Please actually try to be early to the meeting place if at all possible. I would recommend trying for 8:30am to meet up instead of 9am. There are usually early birds, and there are always late arrivals.
This is what the drive-in entrance looks like for those that haven't been before. We'll be meeting off to one of the sides I believe.
atlmq_phototour73.jpg

For the parade, we are usually placed in this area of the holding area. So if you do arrive a little behind, meet us here before 9:30am. Picture below is across the street from where the 501st usually gather(they will be hard to miss) and it has a fountain.
DSC04063.jpg

that will definitely help people. the first picture magnum posted is of the Mariott driveway. we will be meeting right inside the doors off to the left if youre looking at the doors like the picture shows. that way we are still in the air conditioned area in gear, instead of however hot it is outside.

I would like to second the recommendation for meeting up earlier. If we start calling for stragglers at 9:15 we won't have any time to actually wait for them. The walk over takes longer than you would think (especially for a larger group) and if we have extra time, I would rather relax and wait at the parade start than rush to get situated. That would also give up a bit of time to say "Hi" and take some pics. Say a target of 8:30, start calling at 8:45, and head over at 9:00.

That's just my recommendation...

Here are some pics from last year with me as chief.. it was fun if your debating on going you really should just go it is going to be a blast..

3936721489_36114aa073_b.jpg

DSC_0216-1.jpg

Ahha!

Good news!

I was able to get off on Friday, so I'll be coming to the Friday meeting AND be able to make the parade. Got to get some last minute adjustments in, and we'll be making the trip from Memphis early Friday morning. (We as in Zonbi and I). Looking forward to meeting everybody!

ok. got my contact list printed out. ive gotten all of the emails sent to me about the cancellations. i havent replied to any of you guys, but i have received them, so youre all good. if anyone else has any cancellations or change of plans or questions, just let me know. i should have 3g coverage all the way to ATL, and ill be checking my email and the sites every so often so i wont miss anything. also, if youd like my cell number, just send me an email and ill have it out to you. feel free to contact me whenever. if i dont answer, just leave a voicemail. sometimes i cant get to my phone in time due to tons of armor or spandex in the way...

I'm going to pull an all nighter to finish up the suit. Its almost done but a spartan is just not a spartan without blackwash and scratches. :D I'll see you all tomorrow and at the parade and maybe after that too! Lol

ill meet you guys before the parade and hang out for a while, but like i said before, i dont have my costume done. Ill be in a kingdom hearts roxas costume

My suit is done! I test fitted it today and I have a little problem with my visor fogging up. Could be a problem for walking in the parade if my visor is going to eventually blind me >__< I'll still be there though and tough it out!

had a blast meeting everyone, cant wait till next year. sense the wife was sleepin im gonna have to get as many pics as i can from everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back