Mass Effect Quarian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a new topic for this. Bit of background info: got my spartan armor built and I'm doing updates, but I'm not sure they're really worth alot of documentation, will update that thread if necessary. This thread is about my creation of a Quarian from Mass Effect. Hope to have it done before the new year for Ikkicon.

Going off of concept art from the game:
501px-1172792186.jpg

I've started off the only way I know how, by modeling the helmet in 3ds max. It's a very simple model, not that much detail. After getting it to the point that I'm happAy with it,(might go back and rework model if it doesn't work), I brought it into Pepakura. Unfolding is getting easier, if anyone has seen my attempt at the shin. lol

Might print this out and see what comes from it. I'm okay making as many mistakes as I need to to get this right. I've only seen two Tal'i cosplays and both were... eh. Someone did recommend using a ventilation mask, but they just don't have the right shape.

Tali-helmet.jpg

Now this will be an excellent project. Loved the game, and itll be cool to see someone make a suit. Goodluck.

Nice choice, and a very under-represented character costume! I was going to ask a similar question to the poster above, about how you planned on doing your calves? Is that going to be one of sacrifices made at the altar of physiology? :)

I'd say that this is going to be an interesting build.

I am willing to help with unfolding if you need help :D

Lord Farquaad said:
What're you going to do about the feet? Modified tabbi shoes?

That would work as the feet has a normal size just add solid rubber or similar medium as toe extensions.

As for the legs add a little more to the knee and upper calf area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's pretty clear how you should do the toes on the feet, but as for the calves, you could build up some foam calves around a suit, like what some people do for the Elite legs. :)

i loved playing this game as well, i can't wait to see how your building goes, i'm excited! when do you think you'll have it ready by? (if i accidentally overlooked it if you already stated it)

SoullessSin said:
I'd say that this is going to be an interesting build.

I am willing to help with unfolding if you need help :D

Thanks for the offer. Got any tips in unfolding right now? I'm going to try and see if I can do this project without any big help from anyone else at the moment.

As for the feet, I've got several different ideas spinning around my head. And the shape of the legs depends... This will be a long project to work on, so any plans made might be chucked if I find something better.

Thanks for the support so far everyone! This makes me want to print out my helmet right now, but I have class today and it will have to wait till this weekend....

Welcome here. and this is going to be a very interesting project, I look forward to seeing it pan out. One thing I foresee being a problem is getting a visor that shape for it, unless Im just not looking in the right places? Goo luck with it though, and I'm sure many of us will be watching eagerly.

KrovikanCorvinus said:
Welcome here. and this is going to be a very interesting project, I look forward to seeing it pan out. One thing I foresee being a problem is getting a visor that shape for it, unless Im just not looking in the right places? Goo luck with it though, and I'm sure many of us will be watching eagerly.

The visor is going to be interesting. I'm looking at some of the visors from the safety masks to see if they might fit with some modifcations. If not,then I'll learn how to make one or commission someone to do so.

moonwildflower said:
The visor is going to be interesting. I'm looking at some of the visors from the safety masks to see if they might fit with some modifcations. If not,then I'll learn how to make one or commission someone to do so.

Actually, having said that, if you make your pep helmet, then resin and fibreglass it, you couls possibly make a cast of the visor direct from the helmet using special clear-drying plastic. I don't know off hand where to find some, but its got to exist. then you just cut the visor out of your pep creation, and stick in this new one. Perhaps someone else here would be able to suggest something for it? Thats my two pennies worth.

OR do a Vac-Formed visor like so many of the greater ODST helm makers use.

Just finish the visor to the smoothed and desired look that you want then cut it out and with a small bit of finagaling and some time, you'll have a decent Vac-Formed visor that fits your piece perfectly.

Wtfmfkr said:
OR do a Vac-Formed visor like so many of the greater ODST helm makers use.

Just finish the visor to the smoothed and desired look that you want then cut it out and with a small bit of finagaling and some time, you'll have a decent Vac-Formed visor that fits your piece perfectly.

Yeah, I think that enlisting the help of someone with vac-forming skills from here is your best bet.

moonwildflower said:

Have you looked at the MCU-2P Gas Mask? the outer Visor is shaped simular to a Quarian Face shield. I saw one on Ebay for about $15. They also so come tinted as well
060721-N-9851B-005thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back