Nsc Custom Odst Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is AWESOME. I like the ODST Symbol on the shoulder. (Still Trying to find a larger Picture version of that.

This looks pretty sick though.

Thanx everyone, here are the pix from the first dress, and test run... Also a few pix of the pack. Looks like it will be done for the event after all.

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2064.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2068.jpg

UNSC Wants YOU!

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks FANTASTIC! I'm really impressed, especially with the paintjob. Heck, I'm impressed with EVERYTHING about this.

man that backpack is looking great. cant wait to see it complete. are you going to try to make it a functional pack, or a static prop?

Savvy

Supplier List of Parts:

Link:

Helmet

SavvyTank:

Chest plate

Gaunlets

Hip Armor

Knee plates

Team WIN (goosebot500, techbot, erinoc.... etc.):

Shin/calf Armor

Online store:

Thighs

Tac. Vest

jump suit

LeeKeegan:

OSDT SMG

Ben Streeper:

Center stomach Armor

Shoulder armor set

Me/wife:

Stomach AB armor

Mid section wrap around

decals

Paint work

Smoke grenades

Build

BackPack

Sean Bradley:

Gloves

UNSC_Leatherneck:

Head cover (pin from Ben)

Most of the armor I helped mold for the makers, And a appreciate them allowing me to build a suit using their parts...

Looking good!!!! Love the extra finishing touches like the decals on the shoulders and the fabric suit parts.

Your gloves should be there today I believe.

Nice costume!

Thanx again guys...and girls... Sean, got them this morning huge thanx for getting them out so soon. And for eveyone else... Here's the back pack, (still adding paint and details) enjoy...

DSCF2069.jpg

Details complete!

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2074.jpg

Looks great, but did you scale it a bit big? From what I've seen from ODST gameplay, it's a litle bit smaller, but it could be the mannequin.

Also, I've had this idea for Spartan armor as well, but how about you put an actual backpack inside of that backpack and make it a functioning backpack! Make the details of the armor backpack match that of the opening of the real backpack. So at Cons you could carry all your swag and what not in it. Just a thought, but I think it's a great idea.

Gearsofhalo said:
heyy how did you build the backpack? did you sculpt it? Scatch build it? or what? thanx

Looks like cardboard of some sort. Then sculpting, can't tel the materials, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was, Pep'd by my wife, then resin/fiberglassed,and then resin/bondoed. After, it was built, I connected the three main bodies, and glass resined the whole thing, Details are made with Foamie sheets.. But it all started with the Pep file. As far as the scale, it does seem a bit big, but after I was suited up, it really didn't seem all that big. After we rework it a bit, then mold it, we will be resizing it for a smaller version. Sale will be handled through our Soaring Hammer site, just email us there. I'll be molding the pack in the next few weeks, it's going to be a big project.

Release event:

DSCF2077.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

DSCF2088.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

DSCF2090.jpg

that is a massive backpack. when you said big i dint think that big. it looks awesome.

Savvy

Awesome suit. It just screams awesome.

Also nice pic. The guy sitting in the chair and his reaction. Oh priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back