Printer Nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to pop up again with a question, but I'm starting to pep my helmet today... at least i would if i could print the files. For some reason everytime i go to print, i get a message telling me that the printer is "unable to print current image. Do you wish to scale down the image in order to print?" i don't know what's going on, it printed my grenade pep files just fine yesterday, and the hand plate files a week ago.

its probably because your pieces dont fit onto the sheets in the 2d side, and maybe because the .pdo is scaled for A4 paper size and not letter.

There's two reasons for this. It is either of the following:

Your printer and pepakura setting are not the same in terms of size.

OR Your printer and pepakura are set to different landscape/portrait settings.

Hope I helped.

More likely than not the pages may be set in landscape format, if not then the paper size may be incorrect, Both are very easy fixes though.

Idk why they bother to make landscape since I have yet to find a printer that'll do it.

no, everything is set right and the armor is scaled right: it's like the printer just doesn't want to print to the very edge of the paper for some reason. should i just go get a cheap one that WILL do that?

what printer do you have? I doubt its a printer issue, Underdogg13 was right. those are the 2 most common issues with using different unfold files. Pep doesn't really have a 'standard' for unfolds.

check to see what the margins on the page are, check all the advanced printer settings.

the only 3 things i can think of would be: Margins, landscape vs portrait, and paper sizing (A4, vs letter)

OK, sorry for wasting your time guys, but i have learned what to do in the future shold i have printer problems. Apparently my HP 5550 is set up to "conserve space" or something like that. Normal printers and company-grade printers take the paper into the machine by using little rollers on the side of the paper, leaving the whole sheet able to be used. My printer uses rollers from the TOP of the paper, taking away a good 1/2 inch from the paper that can be used. Thanks for the advice everyone, i think i've figured out what i'll need to do: just print 1 piece on two sheets of paper and then attach it together like it was a normal piece from one sheet of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back