Startin My First Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan005

yes i have been tasked by my wife to make her a mk V for her for comic con next year and was tryin to get every1's input on if it would be the easy or not of alll the armors.

hey the best way to find out how hard it is to build is to try it yourself cause something easy to me might be a whole diffrent story to you but hey good luck.

well im good with building models so i hope that will help makin this armor but it seems easy from lookin at it i think tryin to learn how to fiberglass and resin will b the hard part thats all so what suit would u advise to start with?

spartan-005 said:
well im good with building models so i hope that will help makin this armor but it seems easy from lookin at it i think tryin to learn how to fiberglass and resin will b the hard part thats all so what suit would u advise to start with?

Start with something small to get the hang of things. If you have a beautiful pep helmet, and the fiberglass/bondo destroys it, you're going to be heartbroken at losing all that work.

Try out some low-def handplates, toe plates, something like that. Read up on fiberglass and the safety precautions for using it. A good place to start would be the elite forum - particularly this thread Read the whole thing - there's some fantastic information in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
thankk u man i will read it soon i have about a month left of reading up before i get home and start this thing full on so since no1 has givin me any advise on not to do the mk V im hitting that up since that is what i have been asked to do. still lookin for advise and help on makin this think look top $#!T. for my wife for comic con next year. so i guess i will pick up the smallest part of the mk V which would b the hands or gauntlets. does any1 know of a good mk V file on here still learning the site so yeah and the net is super slow on my ship. curse the gods for that lol. thanks for all ur help.

ok well im thinkkin of just now starting with something small like a weapon instead to learn so yeah 30 days and i get to start this thing in thailand right now so cant wait to leave and start mine hope it comes out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back