Neck Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
I apologize if something similar has already been posted, but I searched for a bit and didn't find it, so here it goes:

There are those out there who don't want (or can't) spend oodles on their underarmor. Neck seals cost $15 (as I've seen), which is more than just a piece of fabric, right?

So, buy a piece of fabric (or two) for a few bucks and use this pattern:

Front

http://www.tpub.com/content/misc_manuals_1/TM-10-8475-202-13/TM-10-8475-202-130029.htm

Back

http://www.tpub.com/content/misc_manuals_1/TM-10-8475-202-13/TM-10-8475-202-130030.htm

A neckseal!

As long as you have a sewing machine or the hand stitch skills that will work. Where have you seen neck seals for sale anyway?

I haven't seen any Spartan styled neckseals on Ebay but I am using this.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

It's taken off my Wolf Predator mold. Latex poured, trimmed and secured with velcro. Works well IMHO [see pics].

IMG_4262.jpg

_IMG_0093.jpg

If you're interested in one, LMK via PM. ;)

Stay safe,

Tim.

IMG_3051.jpg

Halo_1, That is one nice neckseal. I'll keep these pics in mind when I make my own. No offense, but I like the feeling of an entirely homemade costume.

GMer56, none taken. Everyone has their preferences. :) Good luck and I look forward to seeing your finished neckseal pics.

Stay safe,

Tim.

I was just going to use Craft Foam and cut into multi layers and use velcro tabbing to secure, but that's pretty awesome you've got going ! (Both of you!)

GiR3892 said:
but wouldnt you get very hot in the neck seal made of silicone?

I would think so, but it depends on exactly how you show off your costume (e.g. a five minute show-off time, then a 15 minute relaxing time). I'm hoping to use some ground cloth I have left over (still on the roll, just sitting in the garage) from the garden that's behind my house, that stuff allows moisture out (and unfortunately, in)

Last edited by a moderator:
GiR3892 said:
wow this is very helpfull

but wouldnt you get very hot in the neck seal made of silicone?

It's actually latex and yes it does get pretty warm in that area. I went 5 hours in it, wasn't too bad. :) Am glad it helps somehow.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back