Marine Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardias

i was thinking that for marines like snipers and riflemen th main differance is there weapons but what about outher marine like bomb tecs who need more than diffrent weapons?

so i drew this:

i tried to make it look like a marine, did i succeed?

if anyone coms up with outher variants post them here.

tank driver:

sniper:

commando:

K-9:

Only thing I would change is the orange part, I don't know why, but I just don't think it looks like it would go with the suit.

Shade said:
Only thing I would change is the orange part, I don't know why, but I just don't think it looks like it would go with the suit.

on his rists, neck or helmet.

they all look kind of orange to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice! Only critique would be that it looks too much like a Spartan suit. But it looks good! Only thing I'd say would be change the collar and shoulderpads to either plate type armor (to match the rest of the suit), or at least change the color to match the rest (maybe a darkish green?) Do more! :p

looks great. i think the "scarf" doesnt fit. a bomb squad tech isnt gonna want extra cloth getting in the way while working is my only critique.

JangoFett140 said:
looks great. i think the "scarf" doesnt fit. a bomb squad tech isnt gonna want extra cloth getting in the way while working is my only critique.

yeah but if it goes of in his face he may want a bit more protection than just his helmet.

Looks great! Definitely improves the look (and makes it look more like an armored collar than a scarf, now. :p)

Flyerfye said:
Looks great! Definitely improves the look (and makes it look more like an armored collar than a scarf, now. :p)

yeah but he wot look as dashing while stnding in the wind without a scarf billowing.

i'l think up some more variants later, rigt now i have to go to the gym.

I think he should have a EOD-esque Helm. After all EOD is explosive ordnance disposal, and he is a bomb technician...

It looks really good, keep it up! :D

I think the idea of specific type of marines is cool! I applaud you for making your own variants!! Now the task is to model and pep or scratch build it :pI'd be interested to see a sniper variant of the marine..if there isnt already one. I mean you have a sniper ODST...aka Romeo...so why not a marine?

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

Here is a sniper variant:

I feel this needs some justificaion, i think that a sniper, being away from the front line, needs less plate armour than the regular marine. Also he wouldn't want to be burdened by extra klunky armour while getting to his spot.

He also has pouches , a feild pack, and a radio so he can operate away from the main force.

His spotter would wear te same gear, he should have the radio actually, but not a rifle.

I hope he still look like a marine.

I like what you've done with the bomb disposal and the sniper, but I don't like the idea of a spotter in Halo. what with the hightech helmets providing battefield data and everything having a spotter just seems redundant. Plus there's no mention of a spotter in any of the source material. Linda doesn't need one, Romeo doesn't need one, and neither did any of the Marine snipers in the game or the books.

Interesting idea, and cool art. Kudos. And let's not forget the "They'll Regret That Too" cutscene from Halo 2: "Immediate! Grid Kilo-23 is hot. Recommend mission abort." That was a sniper team, shooter and spotter, in that one.

Tango 89er said:
I like what you've done with the bomb disposal and the sniper, but I don't like the idea of a spotter in Halo. what with the hightech helmets providing battefield data and everything having a spotter just seems redundant. Plus there's no mention of a spotter in any of the source material. Linda doesn't need one, Romeo doesn't need one, and neither did any of the Marine snipers in the game or the books.

in halo 2 when johnson and chief are heading into new mombasa, in the cut scene there are 2 marines on a roof one has a sniper rifle and the outher has a spotter's scope, i'm not sure about about the rifle but i am sure about the spotter's scope. besides, spartans and ODSTs have way more gear than marines and snipers usually work in pairs if one gets injured or thay get in a tight spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back