Halo Encyclopedia

Do you plan on getting the Halo Encyclopedia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I want to look it over first

• I'm gonna use the Halo Wiki (it has a search button)...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

Who here has heard of the Halo Encyclopedia? I searched and found a thread mentioning it in April, but other than that I haven't seen anything on here about it. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my local Borders yesterday and saw that they had one on display.

I got a chance to flip through it, and there's some realy awesome stuff in there. There's detailed summaries of just about everything, and some large size artwork. The SPI art from the Art of Halo 3 book was in there, but about ten times bigger. Many of the weapons (most notably the BR and AR) have side, front, and rear profile views, and all of the weapons have detailed specs (especially size). There's also a really sweet chart showing the full lineup of ammunitions used.

I think that this book is an excellent resource that will be worth its $40 price tag. It's like a print version of the Halo Wiki, but better.

Thoughts, anyone?

I saw Major Nelson talking about this on Twitter not too long ago, sounds pretty cool.

Good to hear they've got good views of some of the weapons, should be good for modeling I think ;) I'll have to have a look this weekend and see if anyone at this Con has a copy :D

I just saw it today when I went to go pick up Halo: Fall of Reach.

That book is freaking huge!! I'm definately going to get the book!!

-Pony

mjolnir follower said:
ACDC how many pages.

According to the product details on the Amazon link in the first post:

Product Details

Hardcover: 352 pages

Publisher: DK Publishing (October 19, 2009)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 0756655498

ISBN-13: 978-0756655495

Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 10.3 x 1.1 inches

Shipping Weight: 4.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

A little over two times the size of the art of Halo 3 book and a little taller.

Last edited by a moderator:
A must buy for a geek like me who is interested in thoroughly thoughtout story line and characters . A lot of detail of everything Halo, saw it at Borders for 40 bucks, so I passed on it. Instead I bought it through Amazon which was nearly half the price. :) So it's gonna come in handy when detailing my ODST helmet.

So I was thinking about getting this book for references on armor and just cause it seemed amazing. Plus it is pretty up to date. It includes stuff about the New ODST game.

Anyways I saw it at Barns & Nobles for $21 something. Here is a link. Normally its 40 bucks. Oh and its an online only thing though. I went to the store near me and they wanted full price. Don't know how long they will have it at that price but I am picking one up.

Oh and if this doesn't belong here sorry. Didn't really know where to put it.

Kirrou said:
So I was thinking about getting this book for references on armor and just cause it seemed amazing. Plus it is pretty up to date. It includes stuff about the New ODST game.

Anyways I saw it at Barns & Nobles for $21 something. Here is a link. Normally its 40 bucks. Oh and its an online only thing though. I went to the store near me and they wanted full price. Don't know how long they will have it at that price but I am picking one up.

Oh and if this doesn't belong here sorry. Didn't really know where to put it.

these are really great I got mine in the mail today. Includes all sorts of reference materials, did not include all the images they said would be in there from the art of halo 3 book though, or the art of halo

BenStreeper said:
... did not include all the images they said would be in there from the art of halo 3 book though, or the art of halo

Makes sense really, that way you have to buy all three books and everyone makes more money ;)

Haven't seen it in stores out here yet so I'm probably going to have to order it online this week. Can anyone that has it tell me if there's much (or anything) on the Monitors/343 Guilty Spark? Not looking for scans or anything, just curious if there's going to be much helpful reference in there once I've got it :)

Belakor said:
Makes sense really, that way you have to buy all three books and everyone makes more money ;)

Haven't seen it in stores out here yet so I'm probably going to have to order it online this week. Can anyone that has it tell me if there's much (or anything) on the Monitors/343 Guilty Spark? Not looking for scans or anything, just curious if there's going to be much helpful reference in there once I've got it :)

I went into an Barns today and actually looked through most of it. I do believe it had some guilty spark detail and info on it. Although if you want it solely for references, I would only recommend it to those making a Mark VI armor. A lot of that in there, but not too much on the other armors or the ODST though still some. Lol

I just want to get it cause it looks amazing.

Oh and thanks for moving the topic for me Belakor.

Is the book going to have Picts and Diagrams to? I would like to see how they designed the weapons, and where the ideas came from for the tech.

I just got it. I was hoping they would have more reference pictures, but most of the book is actually just about the intricacies of the human covenant war. Two interesting things I noticed about it though, one: It mentioned that MC had been missing for decades (although it also mentioned people could be in cryosleep for centuries) and two: It avoided mentioning any information about the forerunners, quickly changing the topic to the flood.

Belakor said:

Two pages dedicated almost solely to 343 guilty spark sir. Pages 186-187. There are also references under "Monitors" and "Oracles" in the book.

BTW:

Halo Evolutions is due out on the 25th of this month, and tells several short stories from around the halo universe. One of which I am highly interested tells about how the Elites cope with the loss of their main religion (worship of the rings) and how they will deal with humans in the future.

51W9GhOJroL._SS500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back