Great Stuff As Padding For Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Whoopass

Jr Member
sudden revelation, could you use great stuff on the inside of the armor after you have finished the fiberglassing it then, once its dries used a knife to carve out the extra. theoretically you would have the perfect custom fit if you did it right. you could even cut up some cloth to make it look pretty. Problems? Comments? Rhetorical questions?

That stuff as padding? Isn't it hard? I've never used it before, but I'm assuming it's not soft 'n comfortable at all. :/

Yeah, it is hard. It isn't padding at all. Sorry but I would say that idea would be a no go. But you could always try!

i think it will be good , but you will have to have a good under armor

because that thing is gonna itch like hell when you cut it because its gonna be all

rough. so you can try but i will reccomend stapling some thick cloth to the inside

It's just spongy, there are somethings you could use it for padding.. Like gauntlets also the y do help keep things in place and kinda have adhesion.

Alex spartan177 said:
i think it will be good , but you will have to have a good under armor

because that thing is gonna itch like hell when you cut it because its gonna be all

rough. so you can try but i will reccomend stapling some thick cloth to the inside

yeah i just tried it and its working like a charm on my forearm. used a knife to work all the extra out and hot glued some black velvet to the inside. its pretty bad ass. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back