Kirrou's Odst Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
man how did you get the chest plate and stomach plate to merge like that? did you just cut out the bottom of your chest plate, and slide the stomach plate in there, but then again, how would you attach it?

I have an idea for that IR mod :D
You could make a bigger helmet, pad the -BLAM- out of it, and hide an IR camera here ] and put a screen in front of the visor which you can remove with bolts and put two rechargeable battery packs for the screen in the ear pieces for it :D

Yeah that might work if my helmet was huge but even then. Having a screen so close to your eyes is super hard to focus on. So aside from special hardware like the portable screens used in the high tech sunglasses type computer sony makes which isn't really practical. I counldn't find anything with in my budget that would work. So I am cutting that idea from the list until further notice.

the suit looks great man, i love your work and have one of your shoulders in my garage ready to be hardened. I'm glad the meeting went well, keith and roxy had nice thing to say about you- too bad I had to work. I'll catch you at the next one hopefully.
Lol Thanks man. And yeah everyone was great. I hope we get a chance to hangout with you soon. Looks like they are planning on meeting up this thursday which might work for me cause I don't think I work.

man how did you get the chest plate and stomach plate to merge like that? did you just cut out the bottom of your chest plate, and slide the stomach plate in there, but then again, how would you attach it?

They are not attached in any way yet. All I did was make the center plate width the same length as the indent at the bottom of the chest plate so it would fit snuggly in there like it does in the game.

will you fit them like i decribed? or not, and if not, will u glue the stomach plate to the chest plate, or attach it to webbing?

will you fit them like i decribed? or not, and if not, will u glue the stomach plate to the chest plate, or attach it to webbing?
I honestly don't understand what your talking about. They are two separate pieces and they are going to stay that way. I plan to attach them to an under suit of some kind but I am not there yet. I modeled both peps so that they could fit together not to be one piece. There is already an indent at the bottom of my chest plate file. The center plate can just fit up into that indent the way it does in the game.

Wow! How have I not noticed this!? I just looked at your files and those alone made my jaw drop; then I saw the amount of work you're putting into everything- this is fantastic man! Keep it up!

saw the helm in person at roxy's the other night, looking excellent. so excellent in fact that i just printed your odst helmet- i also ordered a visor from sean bradley. phx odst helmets ftw.

Excellent progress reports! AMAZING Pepping! I have a feeling that this one is going to be EPIC!
Please keep up the fantastic work!

Cheers! :)

UPDATE:

I finally got a chance to update my thread with all the progress I have made. So here we go.

Pepped another helmet. This one was not only smaller but I also played with the smoothing option in pepakura which made it easier to build and a lot cleaner.

2010-09-0708-55-57078.jpg

2010-09-0911-22-14875.jpg

I used the Rondo method of hardening which was a whole lot easier than fiberglass. I highly recommend it.
2010-09-1210-08-58625.jpg

2010-09-1210-08-09000.jpg

Then I did a quick and dirty smooth and paint job for the reach launch. I really want to thank Rosh from the phoenix team for helping me so much. He was really a big part of why I got to rock my helmet to reach.
Kirrou_odst_bucket_pic.jpg

Heres a shot of us the day after the Reach launch. He is making an odst too.
kirrou_rosh_odst_buckets.jpg

Some detailed shots of the helmet. Keep in mind that I made this from pep to launch in ONLY 5 days. I plan on reworking this helmet a lot. I am going to sand off all the paint and detail it a lot more and really smooth it out.

helmet_rough_01.jpg

helmet_rough_02.jpg

I also did some more work on my chestplate. Its looking great. I am almost done with it.

2010-09-1210-06-17671.jpg

Glassed my other shoulder plate as well as my center stomach plate.
2010-09-1210-05-32218.jpg

Well thats all for now. I will keep you guys posted on any further progress. Thanks. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Yo man this stuff is actually soo cool I think I'm gonna do an ODST using your pep files (no offence to the others) since they are more game based. Keep it up your doing great! and yea update ahah

Wow, this is sweet. I'm building my REACH armour from the game and my character has almost all of this ODST stuff you've made. This will help a lot! Thanks!

Hey Kirrou,

I am working on a ODST as well
I really like your helmet and the files you make!

Can you tell me how you make the Rondo
I have heard a lot of it but don't know how to make/use it

If there is a link to how to do it then let me know please
Good luck with your armor

Grtz

Paintwat

Wat color of paint did u use on the helmet. I can't seem to find it. It will help me find it if I know the name of the color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back