Start Of An Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen said:
If you don't put padding in it, it'll probably be okay, but if you pad it, your head will be squished!

But if I put small amounts of padding it should work...right?

Last edited by a moderator:
alecgates15 said:
But if I put small amounts of padding it should work...right?

Uh...if it's about the same width as bicycle helmet padding, I guess it should work. Maybe 1/2" thick pads would be okay?

Can anyone find the gauntlet pep file? I searched around and didn't find anything. Also, are there any pep files for the hip plates?

EDIT: I found it now that I did some more searching :rolleyes

EDIT 2: and now I need another because it wasn't unfolded. :unsure

queen, think of it this way. if he pads it and its a tight fit, he won't have to worry about it bobbing and making it hard to wear, and also it will be harder to fall off. there are some pro's, but the main con: it will get much hotter much faster, and i dont think you will have room for cooling fans

@ alec: double post! double post! aaaaaaah! use edit, use edit!!!!!! lol xD

tomb-stone said:
queen, think of it this way. if he pads it and its a tight fit, he won't have to worry about it bobbing and making it hard to wear, and also it will be harder to fall off. there are some pro's, but the main con: it will get much hotter much faster, and i dont think you will have room for cooling fans

@ alec: double post! double post! aaaaaaah! use edit, use edit!!!!!! lol xD

Fixed it :D

So at this point I have the helmet, m6c, belt, and chest finished!

It's a very clean build. But I too think that your helmet is too small. If it was a real helmet, it would provide no protection at all because it's too close to your face.

Nice work on the gun. Your pep skills are pretty good.

Hey alec, I posted this a while ago on filefront for people who need ODST files :) in this .zip I have not only all the basic armor pieces such as shins, gauntlets, torso, chest and crotch pieces, etc, but I also put in most of the ODST armor attachments, such as dutch's antenae attachment, and Romeo's shoulder plate. I don't have romeo's goggles in it i dont think, but you can get it off of the wiki page. Enjoy fellow 405th :)

LINK: http://www.filefront.com/14876131/The-complete-ODST.zip/

I can understand why your helmet warped to start off with. White glue is bad! It is a water based glue, so basically....... well you get the point. I would advise using a super adhesive or hot glue.

I started to notice white glue not working, so I went back to hot glue :)

That piece was part of the HD rookie, while this one is of the new helmet which proved to be a lot easier of a 4th pep.

ba2808 said:
wow perfectly sized. did you pep anything else?

I've pepped the pistol, chest, and belt piece. Working on one of the side equipment plates, just too lazy to continue scoring.

My Dad has said that he'll help me out and help me build an M6C and a silenced SMG out of wood.

So I'm looking at my helmet, and looking at it, and looking at it, and looking at it some more, and I have come to agree that it is too small. But, so far this has just been a learning experience so this time I think I'll go with the HD helmet and be sure to scale these pieces.

Awesome, I rescaled the HD Rookie helmet and that brings it to 19 pages. This is going to be a lot of work :D

SO I've been working on the HD helmet for the past 2 weeks and I notice that the little box on the forehead is REALLY hard to make. Is there some sort of secret to it?

What am I supposed to do with those little pieces for the back of the head? The ones that don't have any actual tabs?

i wish i could tell you what other people did... what i did is in one part of my helmet, i accidently cut off the tabs, so when i found the piece that was supposed to attach, i held them next the eachother and hot-glued and held them there in the proper position untill it dried and then let go. it held pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back