Start Of An Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomb-stone said:
i wish i could tell you what other people did... what i did is in one part of my helmet, i accidently cut off the tabs, so when i found the piece that was supposed to attach, i held them next the eachother and hot-glued and held them there in the proper position untill it dried and then let go. it held pretty good

Nah, it's like extra detail that doesn't have any tabs in the pdo or anything, almost like I'm just supposed to glue it on as is. :unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
alecgates15 said:
Nah, it's like extra detail that doesn't have any tabs in the pdo or anything, almost like I'm just supposed to glue it on as is. :unsure

i would have to see the pieces o_O

might be the section on the helmet that goes inward. go onto pepakura, find the piece and click on it, and you'll c where it's supposed to go.

So I took my helmet that was too small, painted it, and cut out a visor from some plastic from a transformers box:

IMG_1164.jpg

So I have most of the chest area finished and I started on my torso when, oops, it doesn't fit over my fat head. I scaled it and everything, what now?

Also, I might need to make the helmet's size right in between this new one and the one above.

EDIT: OR I could cut the collar and secure it together with velcro.

alecgates15 said:
So I have most of the chest area finished and I started on my torso when, oops, it doesn't fit over my fat head. I scaled it and everything, what now?

Also, I might need to make the helmet's size right in between this new one and the one above.

EDIT: OR I could cut the collar and secure it together with velcro.

Please do not double/quad post, use the "EDIT" button on the bottom right of each of your own post to edit it.

I see you have edited this latest post, why didnt you just edit the previous one?

The torso is not supposed to fit as-is. You need to cut it around the neck area into 2 parts, then find an attaching method, like adding velcro or straps to connect them together when it's done

Anyways, I think you should re-make the helmet. If you have a bigger helmet it will make you look taller and the helmet will really stand out when a full costume is done.

You need to remember that you are adding in visors and padding + fiberglass (or whatever hardening method you choose).

The fiberglass will take some space, the visor will in most cases go "inwards" a little too. And if you add thin padding it will not be as comfortable or snug as with thicker padding (you might feel the fiberglass and it wont hold as snug).

Ventilation is also a problem, if you have a helmet which is too snug, your visor will keep fogging, your noggin would need some air too so that you dont sweat too much on a hotter day.

Good luck on the project.

I was under the impression that because I hadn't posted in this thread for over a month I was allowed to do so. I'll make sure not to do it again.

I believe you are right in that the helmet is too big, but I think I'll leave it until I get everything else finished and have this as a backup.

no, alec you weren't in the wrong. the rules clearly state that a double post is perfectly fine if the difference between the post is 3-4 days at least. If you edit it then ppl like me who are subscribed won't get a message. Posting with a gap like a month in between posts is perfectly fine. and yea, the piece is supposed to be cut into to pieces so that it's a tight fit around your torso and doesn't swing around. there's a website that sells straps of various size, make, and color. they also sell various buckles. here's the link:

http://www.strapworks.com/

They're relatively cheap and they have a lot of items to choose from. enjoy :)

alecgates15 said:
I was under the impression that because I hadn't posted in this thread for over a month I was allowed to do so. I'll make sure not to do it again.

I believe you are right in that the helmet is too big, but I think I'll leave it until I get everything else finished and have this as a backup.

Pardon, my apologies for that one :)

I was just looking at the previous pages too which had double posting, so I actually didnt notice the time change between these two.

Been in need of an update for a long time, I finished all of the pieces except for shin, toes, and thigh.

Spent all day working on my dummy though. This thing is scary when you forgot you put it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back