Start Of An Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecgates15

Started the chest first and the other piece is the top of the helmet. It's already looking like it's warping so I'm not sure what to do.

IMG_0959.jpg

This is for next year by the way, since I've been known to start and not finish costumes.

Anything I can do to make better folds or prevent warping?

for the folding, just trace over the fold lines, and you will get better folds. for the warping, make sure you line the number up EXACTLY with each other. hope this helps

hey alec, im goin to watch this forum with hope :) as for warping, im not sure. it looks fine to me. but you're there and im not. use hot glue, it dries much faster and will reduce the possibility of warping. what i do wastes glue but holds it together pretty well. when i glue together a fold, i flip it over (so that im on the inside) and "seal" it by gluing over the flap that is inside the helmet.

tomb-stone said:
hey alec, im goin to watch this forum with hope :) as for warping, im not sure. it looks fine to me. but you're there and im not. use hot glue, it dries much faster and will reduce the possibility of warping. what i do wastes glue but holds it together pretty well. when i glue together a fold, i flip it over (so that im on the inside) and "seal" it by gluing over the flap that is inside the helmet.

Thats what I do. I do it to strengthen the piece. Mine get bashed about im get frustrated easily lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've tried hot glue but it doesn't give much allowance to let me move it to the correct position like white glue; tried it on my first chestpiece, which turned out alright but I like the second better just because of how it worked. But I've added more to the sides now, getting a little more curve to it and I printed them with numbers, thanks Adam A :)

Awesome. So that's a chest piece and a (mostly) finished M6C Socom :)

I do apologize for the picture quality, but you get the gist.

So the M6C Socom attachment isn't on securely, is it supposed to be like that so I can resin it or...?

And when I hot glue it gets really stringy with bits of it overflowing onto the front. Do I just clear that up with an x-acto?

Queen said:
That helmet looks a bit snug.

I'm going to have to agree. Your folds and the shape look great. Everything looks in place. Great pep work. But the size....not sure.

JediStumpy said:
I'm going to have to agree. Your folds and the shape look great. Everything looks in place. Great pep work. But the size....not sure.

The neck is a little snug, but only when I'm putting it on. So for the most part I'm okay with it.

IMG_1063.jpg

If you don't put padding in it, it'll probably be okay, but if you pad it, your head will be squished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back