Infected Marine Flood! (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithen

Hi everyone, as some of you know, a few members (guilty, Ghost147, and Darkwolf) have been working on an interesting project which Guilty has claimed will take a year. but i'm aiming more for a few months :) So far in the original topic (which is mainly just a concept and idea thread) we have come up with plenty Ideas and if your willing to help us out then just post here or there and give what skills you can!

This is what we are aiming for in the end.

mcf18260fa.jpg

mcf18260fb.jpg

Currently we have the boot armor pep'ed

pb120124.jpg

The Marine's Elbow Armor

pb130128.jpg

The Marine's Shoulder Armor

pb130126.jpg

and the Marine's Chest Piece

37469547.png

What we have left to do (pep wise)

~ Knee Pad

~ Belt

~ Helmet (just because I want one :) )

Before we move on to the sculpting phase, I will have to complete a Flood Infection to perfect the skin's texture, glossiness and colour. But the Pep work will continue being produced as I do that.

What steps we are doing (non official):

~ Pep work

~ Resin Pep

~ Layering Pep with Clay (for extra detail)

~ Making molds out of the "Clay'ed Pep"

~ Sculpting the Main Infected body

~ Sculpting the head

~ Sculpting the Arm

~ Thick layers of Latex

~ Painting Latex/Armor

~ Thick Padding of latex body

~ Constructing mechanisms within the arm for movement

(More details coming soon)

To see the Concept Topic just click here! http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22603&st=0

pep looks nice and clean!

nice job! :p

how long do you think this is going to take?

out of curiousity :)

I should be able to complete all the pep work by the end of the week if i can grab more Krazy Glue from the dollar store. My last one actually went crazy and starting coming out voluntarily without any pressure and i lost half the tube. lol

I cant give an estimate on the sculpting as of yet.

EDIT: I also finally ordered the actual figure you see in the very first image, so i can get much better reference points off of it.

S.I.T said:
jw what are u gonna do for the infected head?

I'm going to sculpt a small bust and slap a layer of latex on it then fill it with expanding foam so it's nice and tough, yet light. The wearer of this costume has her/his head inside the hump of the infection so she/he doesnt have to contort her/his body. the head you see there is just dummy head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost147 - save yourself some time on the pep work.....i already have the elbow, shoulder, and back of the chest piece already pepped and ready for bondo....making forming bucks for my vac table :D should have the rest of it (knees, shins and helmet) all ready for bondo by the end of next week. My plan is to have these ready to offer as vac formed costumes pieces by the end of December or beginning of January!!!!

Concentrate on the deformed/infected part that looks like it's gonna be tough!

ooooo nice :) Hey since we're in the same city, I might be able to drop off the chest piece for you, and maybe the helmet as well if you want to take them for the pulls.

I'd have to see the quality before i set my pep work aside, think you could PM me some pics? and prices?

Ghost147 said:
ooooo nice :) I'd have to see the quality before i set my pep work aside, think you could PM me some pics? and prices?

I will take some pics tonight and shoot them off to you.....as for price i have no idea....depends on how much plastic i use....definitely under $100.00 (plus shipping for those that are not local and reading this) for a full kit (helmet, 2 shoulders, 2 knees, 2 elbows, 2 shins, chest and back with side straps......basically all the hard parts) ammo pouches, butt padd ect you'll have to find on your own :D

Sounds great! i cant wait to see the pictures. I'll throw mine up of that chest piece, if it's of the quality you want it you can have it for the pulls :)

All I can say is to make a fake head to dangle over the side, and have your real head in that hump.

xalener said:
All I can say is to make a fake head to dangle over the side, and have your real head in that hump.

Yes, that was our plan. it's in the concept topic :) If you have any more ideas try posting some there. :)

PEP UPDATE!

Pep Chest Complete

37469547.png

This may or may not be the piece that Hirgon will be using for his Vac Formed work that will be used in this project.

Haha, Yeah, it's the same as the one in the figure too i believe :) The shoulders however are quite a bit different it seems.

This should be a rather interesting project. In terms of your idea of using expanding foam, I'd say go ahead, but be very careful, for you might end up "popping" your infection form. (If you're using great stuff, expect 50%+ expansion.)

Anyway, Good Luck!

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
This should be a rather interesting project. In terms of your idea of using expanding foam, I'd say go ahead, but be very careful, for you might end up "popping" your infection form. (If you're using great stuff, expect 50%+ expansion.)

Anyway, Good Luck!

My ass i'm using Great stuff again! lol, i cant stand it now. bad turnout with my smg. I'll be using a different product. And I also have a decent plan for the "anti-popping" technique. Just a few nice "run-off" holes in specific areas.

Adam said:
Pic Heavy?

Haha, just some future planing ;)

For anyone that wants to see quick results for the sculpting, your going to have to wait a bit! i've just purchased the figure that is shown in the first picture and will be doing most of the detailing based on that. Until then i am not going to start sculpting! sorry... i'm eager too!

S.I.T said:
dude im jealous you have adam talkin on your post

ah yes. Adam get's us geeks going "OH MY GOD NO WAY!!!!!!!" *girlish screams of excitement*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back