Infected Marine Flood! (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump for progress update... any news?

If itd help, there are a couple marine suits being fabbed up out ther- iirc adams and vrogies

u could just cut them up and put them over a big flexfoam under-suit

Sorry I've been very busy, i will be working on a little sculpted example of what the marine head will look like however :) i will be taking a lot of pictures so dont worry! :D

Had a lot of work and traveling in the past few months, it's finally calmed down quite a bit. More updates are coming!

Hi everyone! let me explain a bit why there hasnt been much progress on this.

WWWOOOOORKKKKKK SUUUUCKKKKSSS!!!!

that about sums it up. I've been working about 60+ hour weeks every week for the past few months as well has 3 weeks outside the country. BUT! now i seem to be getting it easier, just not sure how long that will last.

ANYWAY! I have a bit of a surprise for you guys!

Before i work on the real thing, i tested out a few different techniques i may be using on a scaled version of the head, just to see if i can grasp that "lifelikelyness".

Please tell me what you think! also, the pictures dont do the sculpt any justice, it does look better in person :)

p2020211.jpg

p2020210.jpg

p2020209.jpg

p2020208.jpg

There are a few different things in this sculpt that i've tried out, not all techniques will be used. please look closely and tell me what you think is the best out of all the techniques you can see, and how to improve them, thanks!

That sculpt looks great! I think with the right colouring on it, it'd be awesome as is.

But I do have a question.. why not just use the head of the person inside the costume as the human's head? Might add to the creep factor that you can make gurgly sounds or something. It'd be simple enough to take what you just sculpted and cast that in latex to then apply to the costumer's face, blend it in with stage makeup, etc.. And you could build a little stirrup, if you will, to rest the head on so that you don't get a crick holding it there.

D: I dunno, just my two cents.

Like what I'm seeing so far, good luck!

I've considered it, but the way that the head is positioned would be quite uncomfortable, and it's also lifted up as well, dislocated from the spine almost. it would be easier for the person to be in the "hump" instead.

I'm making a life cast and then addition sculpting to that cast for the actual head, this is just to experiment :)

not yet, i am still busy with work, girlfriend and a ton of other projects. as well as trying to not spend virtually any money because i need around $80,000 for school

Don't know if this is too ameteur for you, but with some modification, you could make it look really flood-y. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back