Iron Man Extremis Helmet. Movie / Comic Book Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on another cool original project idea of yours. Your work is awesome. I really like your attention to detail on your builds.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
Good luck on another cool original project idea of yours. Your work is awesome. I really like your attention to detail on your builds.

Thank you I try my best.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty awesome project , keep it up and continue hopping that your wife wouldn't kill you with celophane ^^

Did I miss the vote! I was going to be different and say number 1 just because of the simplicity allows for easier customization and modification.... But I know the vote went the other way :)

The WIP photos are great for a second there I thought you were doing it all by yourself... and I was like how did he take his own pictures? lol

I always love custom builds when they're done right and you sir, ALWAYS do it right :D can't wait to see how the helmet turns out.

I started the Hybrid helmet today and this is what I have so far

100_1100.jpg

100_1101.jpg

100_1102.jpg

Hey Man

That is looking awesome.

only suggestion I could give is:

You might want to raise it up a bit with a few more layers of clay before adding the detail. Its thin. It's too close to the cast of your head and might not fit when casted

I learned that the hard way on my first helmet. Live and learn I guess.

You'll need some space in there for hinges and other gizmos too.

hope this makes sense

castclay.jpg

SupermanExtreme1 said:
Hey Man

That is looking awesome.

only suggestion I could give is:

You might want to raise it up a bit with a few more layers of clay before adding the detail. Its thin. It's too close to the cast of your head and might not fit when casted

I learned that the hard way on my first helmet. Live and learn I guess.

You'll need some space in there for hinges and other gizmos too.

hope this makes sense

castclay.jpg

Thank you 4 the tip. Dont worry it do makes sense. I was thinking the same thing. I'll fix that tomorrow after work

Last edited by a moderator:
All I have to say is, that was so freaking dangerous when you got the cast cut off of your head, but I'm sure that you've done it a lot, so no worries.

You are very talented, and I look forward to seeing your work progress.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good Turkey.

I took a brake of cooking to work on my Helmet. I got the right half done, tomorrow I work on the left. Here are the pix. Enjoy

100_1195.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1199.jpg

100_1200.jpg

that plaster mold you made is nutts lol who cutt it off your head you must trust them awesome work on the sculpt

BTS

The base looks good but I have to say, whoa that was dangerous. You really could get hurt doing it that way. Next time simply bandage only the front half then let it harden. Put some Vaseline on the edge then do the back half. This way you can get out without the power tools on your head. It is a good use of the concept though, it is the first time I have seen someone use the outside of the life cast mold as the work surface. Most of the time people do what you did then fill the shell with ultra-cal and have a stone life cast. For this project what you did works great and cuts down on the time to get your base. Nice job. It's like a plaster duct tape dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back