Cardboard Green Ranger Helmet Mmpr

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigolaf

EDIT: Hey, guys i've decided that this thread is no longer relevant, as there is a new pep file for the green ranger in this thread http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23437&st=0

Hey guys, 'tis my first thread, and i've hesistated to even post without a good reason, so i thought i'd start my first thread after several months of lurking around the forums and posting in only a few threads.

I have noticed a number of requests for a pepakura Mighty Morphin Power Rangers helmet in one form or another, from time to time.

There are a number of helmets available for purchase online, like ebay, but the price tag is almost as much as a whole suit of pep armor, and the quality and/or detail might be lacking in some areas.

Only wonderful users like Nintendude are nice enough to answer the requests to the best of his ability, but like others have found, there are really no 3d models of the mmpr characters online to unfold into a pep file. so, i was hoping to chronicle my progress on a scratch cardboard build of the green ranger helmet.

i've only been eyeballing the dimensions on the cardboard as i have gone through it so far, but i will start measuring once the overall shape is stable.

here are some progress pics.

chwbcc said:
Vera vera nice! I love the use of the hamper as a backdrop and light box!

haha i didnbt even notice that until you said that

but on topic. its looking pretty good so far. i remember when i was like 8 i always wanted to be a power ranger :pbut blue was my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back