Custom Dare Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas 56

I've actually been working on this for a while, but have been unable to post because our camera is broken. Instead of making it exact, I put RX56 on the helmet and ROXAS 56 on the chest plate. The helmet is an Ithica recon cast, the gloves (yet to be assembled) are Sean Bradley, and everything else is pepped, resined, and painted by me.

My recon (Ithica)

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

Chest & Ab plate (painting in progress)

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

Left Forearm (pepped)

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

ODST glove parts (Sean Bradley)

IMG_1391.jpg

I will be watching this. You are one of the few on here with multiple suits. Nice work.

Ithica

I tried to use a stencil to paint on the ONI pyramid symbol onto the chest plate, but it bled and looked horrible. what method would work best to get that symbol on it?

ONI_Seal_1.png

I tried to use a stencil to paint on the ONI pyramid symbol onto the chest plate, but it bled and looked horrible. what method would work best to get that symbol on it?

ONI_Seal_1.png

You can try printing it out on adhesive paper (paper used to make custom stickers and what not) and cutting it out then sticking it right onto the armor. I ran into the same problem when trying to add the UNSC logo to my ODST chest plate. I actually ended up printing it out on cardstock with and gluing that onto the armor, but I think adhesive paper would have worked just as well if not better.

I understand this is a necro post, but I want to contribute, nonetheless.

There are a few things you can do, there.

It's a 2-color image, so you can split to the white parts and the black parts. Print them both, separately, on adhesive paper, stick one where you want it, then spray the opposite color where you've masked. (Be sure to mask the area around it.) Then, pull the half off, apply the other (WAIT SEVERAL HOURS FOR THE PAINT TO CURE BEFORE DOING THIS), and paint your other color.

Gets great results, in my opinion, but only works on 2-tone pictures.

Alternatively, you could print it on dry-transfer decal paper, then transfer it. Judging on your MG Freedom in the back, you might just know how to do that, already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back