40" Plastic Hollow Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe try a hardware store, idk if they'll have one quite that big though.

You can get either brass or plastic ones of smaller sizes used as floats for watering troughs so there is bound to be something useful to you.

40 inch? That's pretty massive, what's it for? You'll probably need to find a specialty store for something that large, if it needs to be solid you could maybe try a company like this, they might be able to vac a two domes that you can join.

I have two words for you.

Beach Ball

Those are the only giant plastic balls I can think of, lol

-Pony

I'm a noob so this might not be a good idea but... Couldn't you buy one of those giant yoga ball thingys and either paper mache it... or make a mold of it and then do a rotocast?

Lmnospartan said:
I'm a noob so this might not be a good idea but... Couldn't you buy one of those giant yoga ball thingys and either paper mache it... or make a mold of it and then do a rotocast?

Paper mache doesn't reinforce at all, and molding would be in the thousands of dollars for materials, but nice to know some people still think alternatively.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Paper mache doesn't reinforce at all, and molding would be in the thousands of dollars for materials, but nice to know some people still think alternatively.

HA i guess you might be right about the cost... But if you keep the ball inflated then paper mache it (or you could pulp it which is A LOT stronger-I've done it) and the whole while just have the ball be inflated while you add more stuff; bondo etc. (paper mache would just be base for other stuff)And by the time the ball loses it's pressure you would have all of the bondo and stuff on which would make it quite considerably harder

NOTE: this IS all assuming that it's for a model of some sort... not just to have a giant ball! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back